• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA Con Booths n protecting your comics...
1 1

19 posts in this topic

so while at Planet Comic Con I hung around the unknown comics booth alot seeing all they had to offer and everything seemed good. bought this n that. so i decided to get the Harley Quinn 25th ani vers pink version and have Gerg horn sign it cuz he was there and i had a witness with me. got it signed and went back to the CGc booth to turn it in and do some paper work to submit it. after the con i discovered that everything i bought was double of what it was supposed to be. i got an email some time after that saying that my submission was grading and going through the process to ship. I click on the link and it tells me the its a 9.0 

9.thumb.jpg.e8d6942524a0df395e17d051c70f93a8.jpg

I was going to flip it somehow, but now im just pissed as hell that i didnt check what i bought.

so ask to see what you are're interested in before buying so you dont get hosed

Edited by Insanity

Another reason for that grade is because I didn't have it in a mylites2 and full backs. I just keep it in the bag it came in.

Either way I should have known better.

I also submitted a Sheena JSC spot color variant i had signed by Bennet cuz she was there as well and I brought that from home in mylar etc.

59 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’m confused.  What is the lesson that should be learned?  To do research on an items value before purchasing or what?

I think condition....of comic...and make sure that it  has a bag n board, not just the sack it came in...

???

Since it is a con, prices are doubled and condition makes it not worth it... idk

46 minutes ago, JWKyle said:

Buy yourself some of these and a nice  bag. If I buy a higher end book at a show it goes into these before it goes into the back.  

5a9c7203e338c_ultrapro.thumb.JPG.ef233e0ff65537c0e0e33f6839c09716.JPG

If you are looking to really protect your books, not much will beat having these guys riding shotgun.

latest?cb=20100116173259

Edited by shadroch

15 hours ago, JWKyle said:

Buy yourself some of these and a nice  bag. If I buy a higher end book at a show it goes into these before it goes into the back.  

5a9c7203e338c_ultrapro.thumb.JPG.ef233e0ff65537c0e0e33f6839c09716.JPG

What are these? Where do you get them/how much are they?

Bummer. Everyone's been burned on not looking at a comic close enough. Stuff happens, sorry to hear.

On the upside, maybe you will come to appreciate the irony of the cover picture and your situation with this comic. :grin: