• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Rob Liefeld? No CGC?
4 4

438 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Dearest @NiceTryGuy and @SueStu,
Since you are obviously the same person, I'm going to kindly as that you please (for the love of the gods) go away.  Your inability to comprehend sarcasm, rational thought, and your own hypocrisy, combined with this personal vendetta thing you have going on against RMA is mindbogglingly boring - and honestly a waste of ALL of our time.  I've reported your post and IP to the Admins.  Please spend the rest of your trolling days in YouTube comments where you belong - not here. 
Sincerely, the ENTIRE board.

My name is Reddwarf666222 and I do not support this message. 

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

More of "Alex Forrest Stu"'s intellectual dishonesty and manipulation. He was the one who made the distinction, and watch...remember, this is what chronic abuse of pot does to your reasoning skills...he doesn't even recognize that. 

Remember these quotes? These are "Alex Forrest Stu"'s quotes. They are his exact words, unedited, unaltered. Notice anything in there? Notice a total lack of a qualification of any kind...? 

Look at his quote here: he can't even keep track of what he said, and his exact words...italics and all...are still right there. Is he now claiming he didn't write that exact quote I've posted here AGAIN...?"Alex Forrest Stu" was the one who implied there are only two types of fans. That's what "Alex Forrest Stu" would have you believe...then he denies it a few posts later.

He can't even keep track of what he says, but he's supposed to be the "moral crusader" against the "evil forces" of the "slabbing industrial complex"...?

And he has the balls to charge others with "misrepresenting quotes and twisting words"...? This is the end result, people, of never outgrowing your teenage years and smoking pot day in and day out for 30 years: your memory fails, your cognitive ability fails...it's just a mess.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - Queen Gertrude, Macbeth.

You are saying this from 30 years experience of smoking pot? Were you smoking that Labrador stuff?

59 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

You are saying this from 30 years experience of smoking pot? Were you smoking that Labrador stuff?

If you'd like to discuss the issues, I'm willing to do so, but if you're just going to take digs at people, you make the board a less pleasant place to be and are part of the problem. Is this really necessary?

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If you'd like to discuss the issues, I'm willing to do so, but if you're just going to take digs at people, you make the board a less pleasant place to be and are part of the problem. Is this really necessary?

So you can take digs at others and distract from the actual conversation, but can't take it when it happens to you. Your the guy that accused the other poster of being a pot smoker. Truth Hurts doesn't it

Just now, reddwarf666222 said:

So you can take digs at others and distract from the actual conversation, but can't take it when it happens to you. Your the guy that accused the other poster of being a pot smoker. Truth Hurts doesn't it

First, "Stu" is a banned individual who has been banned for over a decade, who has registered perhaps thousands of new ids to take shots at people over the years. When his latest id is discovered, it is banned and his comments deleted, as is the case here. "Stu" is virulently anti-slabbing, and thinks that slabbing is a scam, which is why he was banned. He is NOT a "poster", or member of this board.

Second, "Stu" is very proud of his pot smoking, and has said so. Talking about the ramifications of something someone is proud of doing is not an "accusation."

Third, my comments were in response to shots taken at me. Where are the shots taken at you...?

With the respect that is due you, you speak from a position of ignorance. 

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

First, "Stu" is a banned individual who has been banned for over a decade, who has registered perhaps thousands of new ids to take shots at people over the years. When his latest id is discovered, it is banned and his comments deleted, as is the case here. "Stu" is virulently anti-slabbing, and thinks that slabbing is a scam, which is why he was banned. He is NOT a "poster", or member of this board.

Second, "Stu" is very proud of his pot smoking, and has said so. Talking about the ramifications of something someone is proud of doing is not an "accusation."

Third, my comments were in response to shots taken at me. Where are the shots taken at you...?

So you have a personal beef with Stu that should be handled through PM's it seems and not on the boards ruining the majority of the board members' enjoyment. Do you have the charts to show me the damage done to Stu's body from it? Are you his Doctor? Are you a licensed physician able to make these claims?

Edited by reddwarf666222

Just now, reddwarf666222 said:

So you have a personal beef with Stu that should be handled through PM's it seems and not on the boards ruining the majority of this board member's enjoyment. Do you have the charts to show me the damage done to Stu's body from it? Are you his Doctor? Are you a licensed physician able to make these claims?

1 minute ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Is that a troll I hear?

Again...with the respect that is due you, you speak from a position of ignorance. You're doing the thing you're complaining about: distracting from the discussion. If you have a "personal beef" with me, you're more than welcome to PM me, and I'll be happy to discuss it with you there.

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Again...with the respect that is due you, you speak from a position of ignorance. You're doing the thing you're complaining about: distracting from the discussion. If you have a "personal beef" with me, you're more than welcome to PM me, and I'll be happy to discuss it with you there.

Or maybe that is an elf or Leprechaun I hear?

And as it relates to "Alex Forrest Stu", if he'd like the honor and respect of being taken seriously and having the ability to "set the record straight", wouldn't it make sense to show honor and respect to others? Does he respect this board? Of course not. He thinks he's a modern day Robin Hood, wearing his "V for Vendetta" mask, speaking "truth to power", but what he really is, along with being "Alex Forrest" from "Fatal Attraction" who will NOT be ignored, he's a grown up Eric Cartman. "Eff you! Whatever, I do what I want!

His latest "user id"..."UCantStopMeUCanOnlyHopeToContianMe"...is evidence enough of that. 

And, as funny as Eric Cartman can be, no one in real life wants to spend much time with that guy. He is lawlessness personified, and has no boundaries. He'll say and do whatever he wants.  Just try and stop him.

And I'm sure, when this latest user id is banned, and his comments deleted, he'll come up with 100 more in short order.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

29 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And as it relates to "Alex Forrest Stu", if he'd like the honor and respect of being taken seriously and having the ability to "set the record straight", wouldn't it make sense to show honor and respect to others? Does he respect this board? Of course not. He thinks he's a modern day Robin Hood, wearing his "V for Vendetta" mask, speaking "truth to power", but what he really is, along with being "Alex Forrest" from "Fatal Attraction" who will NOT be ignored, he's a grown up Eric Cartman. "Eff you! Whatever, I do what I want!

His latest "user id"..."UCantStopMeUCanOnlyHopeToContianMe"...is evidence enough of that. 

And, as funny as Eric Cartman can be, no one in real life wants to spend much time with that guy. He is lawlessness personified, and has no boundaries. He'll say and do whatever he wants.  Just try and stop him.

And I'm sure, when this latest user id is banned, and his comments deleted, he'll come up with 100 more in short order.

Yeah, but you are encouraging him and acknowledging him and giving him personal satisfaction. Which has me on the floor laughing.

Well... this has finally gotten to the point of ridiculousness.  Stu, your beliefs in your own self importance is completely unfounded and a little pathetic. You really need to get professional help. Redd, see my suggestion for Stu.  Logan, thanks for the PMs regarding these bozos. RMA, your reply’s give them an iota of “power” and only reinforce their delusions.  You shouldn’t even waste your time replying to these guys.  

I’m out. Y’all STUpid. 

Edited by RadiantGraphix

51 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Yeah, but you are encouraging him and acknowledging him and giving him personal satisfaction. Which has me on the floor laughing.

"The best disinfectant is sunlight."

The only way to maintain civilization is to speak truthfully, using reason and logic to expose irrationality and emotionalism. How do you tell the difference? Substance. What is a person saying, and how are they saying it? Are they making a point, or just making snide comments? It's usually easy to see the difference.

49 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Logan, thanks for the PMs regarding these bozos. RMA, your reply’s give them an iota of “power” and only reinforce their delusions.  You shouldn’t even waste your time replying to these guys.  

I say the same to you that I say to reddwarf. Ignoring snide comments is well and good, up to a point. If someone says things about you that aren't true...not just once or twice, but multiple times...would you just ignore it and pretend it didn't exist? At what point would you say "that's not true, and here's why"...? So long as I can respond if I so choose, I can provide my perspective, and everyone else is free to come to their own conclusions, for good, bad, or indifferent.

"Logan510" is a provocateur with his own agenda, which includes phony accusations against others to discredit them. You would do well to take what he has to say to you in private with a very large grain of salt, as you should with everyone, including me, and make your decisions free from the influence of bias, yours or others.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

Let's get back to the topic at hand as I feel it was pretty civilized save for a few posters and very relevant in today's slab-collecting climate.

I agree with what @RockMyAmadeus is saying wholeheartedly.  I think many creators have been misled into their 2-tier price rates, mostly by those who stand to gain a portion of the money.  I agree that attempting to educate a creator is better than pulling my monetary support of said creator in the hopes that they figure out why I'm no longer spending money with them. 

My question: In a convention setting, how does one go about educating a creator or at least begin a dialogue about why a 2-tiered pricing system is a rule built on misconceptions? 

In a convention setting, there will likely be a line of people behind you.  There's a good chance that the creator or a handler will ask you to step out of line if you're not interested in getting anything signed or to talk to the creator about their work.  The creator may be trying to see as many people as possible before the end of the show and will be a little dismissive to someone who may appear to just be looking to start trouble or potentially cause a scene. 

In the event that the creator is willing to engage you in this conversation, you have a max of maybe 3 minutes to make your point and listen to a response before people start getting a little antsy.  I'm betting that many creators will see someone simultaneously wanting something signed and wanting to negotiate a lower price and just assume the person is cheap and motivated by money instead of principle.  If they're thinking you're in it for the money alone, they aren't likely to take you seriously. 

So how do you get around this?  I already know that if I were to attempt this, I have to be willing to walk away with un-signed books.  But what else?  Do I need to "prove" my fandom to the creator?  Many creators that have this pricing structure don't have a ton  of time (any?) at their table without a line.  Trying to pin them down away from their table doesn't sound like a smart move.  Is it best to send an e-mail...the comic equivalent or writing your congressman?

Seriously looking for tips as going about this the wrong way could do more harm than good. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, seanfingh said:

It certainly does. 

More people should be paying attention to who is leaving the market.  It is quite strong right now, but are the people coming in replacing the ones leaving?  Is the new pricing structure a barrier to entry.  Are there people who would otherwise become heavy users who are never reaching that level because of the current economic climate? Does the shrinking of the congenial group of like minded collectors bode ill for the future?

I don't know the answers to these questions, but ignoring them, being glib and dismissive, and refusing to foster productive discourse does not seem to be a prudent course of action.

I've been reading your posts for going on 10 years and I don't think I've ever seen you miss the mark.  ^^

21 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Let's get back to the topic at hand as I feel it was pretty civilized save for a few posters and very relevant in today's slab-collecting climate.

I agree with what @RockMyAmadeus is saying wholeheartedly.  I think many creators have been misled into their 2-tier price rates, mostly by those who stand to gain a portion of the money.  I agree that attempting to educate a creator is better than pulling my monetary support of said creator in the hopes that they figure out why I'm no longer spending money with them. 

My question: In a convention setting, how does one go about educating a creator or at least begin a dialogue about why a 2-tiered pricing system is a rule built on misconceptions? 

In a convention setting, there will likely be a line of people behind you.  There's a good chance that the creator or a handler will ask you to step out of line if you're not interested in getting anything signed or to talk to the creator about their work.  The creator may be trying to see as many people as possible before the end of the show and will be a little dismissive to someone who may appear to just be looking to start trouble or potentially cause a scene. 

In the event that the creator is willing to engage you in this conversation, you have a max of maybe 3 minutes to make your point and listen to a response before people start getting a little antsy.  I'm betting that many creators will see someone simultaneously wanting something signed and wanting to negotiate a lower price and just assume the person is cheap and motivated by money instead of principle.  If they're thinking you're in it for the money alone, they aren't likely to take you seriously. 

So how do you get around this?  I already know that if I were to attempt this, I have to be willing to walk away with un-signed books.  But what else?  Do I need to "prove" my fandom to the creator?  Many creators that have this pricing structure don't have a ton  of time (any?) at their table without a line.  Trying to pin them down away from their table doesn't sound like a smart move.  Is it best to send an e-mail...the comic equivalent or writing your congressman?

Seriously looking for tips as going about this the wrong way could do more harm than good. 

I think the only solution is writing to these creators on a personal basis, and explaining your position politely. Talking to convention organizers, too. Talking to CGC. Even talking to some of these "facilitators", though, with the built-in conflict of interest, I don't know how effective that would be. It's not as if the worst offenders aren't completely aware of this issue.

I had a chance to talk to Marv at his house, sitting at his dining room table (it wasn't some event; I was there with my facilitator for about half an hour to get some books signed.) I made my case...almost certainly inelegantly...and he was unconvinced. I didn't want to press the issue, so I dropped it, thanked him for his time, and we moved on.

But saying nothing guarantees that nothing changes.

13 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I agree that attempting to educate a creator is better than pulling my monetary support of said creator in the hopes that they figure out why I'm no longer spending money with them. 

And here's really the kicker, and why it's so very important to TALK about these things: if everyone just "stopped paying", how would a creator figure out what the problem was?

They might figure "oh, the price I'm charging was too high", when that's not the reason at all. They might even sign for free, but charge "$15 for CGC" (and some do that.) There's nothing really intuitive about the process that would lead a creator to say "oh, it's because I charge different prices." And if you're not someone the creator saw and knew on a recurring basis already, they're not going to know why Fred Fan just stopped getting things signed.

If no one knows, if no one says anything, nothing can change, or, at least, come to an understanding. That's true in every aspect of life...even a comic book message board forum.

6 minutes ago, PointBeing said:

The problem is that even if 100% of the creators were 100% educated in a manner 100% approved by RMA, he would still continue to biitch, moan and preach against creators charging what the market will bear. Jesus RMA sees himself as the savior of the comic hobby, and he's gonna save it from those big bully creators!

Nope. That's not only not true, "Alex Forrest/Eric Cartman Stu", it's never been true. My record speaks for itself, including multiple statements in this thread.

56 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I feel this is CGC's responsibility. It's their program and  by not speaking up they're letting outside forces influence the creators on what the program and the CGC label represent.

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I've been reading your posts for going on 10 years and I don't think I've ever seen you miss the mark.  ^^

The same can be said of you, just like Sean, your words have weight.