• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Census Data Incorrect?

26 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

So this happens more often than it should....  At least I know that I'm in the same boat with some other losers.  :boo:

You're going to get one or two hundred thousand mistakes if you grade 5m books I suppose. They're only human...

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

You're going to get one or two hundred thousand mistakes if you grade 5m books I suppose. They're only human...

I wonder if they'd fix the census data if the problem was brought to their attention.  There's not much to be done about the inaccurate labels though.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:45 PM, Yorick said:

I wonder if they'd fix the census data if the problem was brought to their attention.  There's not much to be done about the inaccurate labels though.

Huh? You can contact them to fix the error, and you can inform them afterwards that a Cert # is no longer valid (Edit: They may even do this, by default, when they fix an error label).

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

10 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Huh? You can contact them to fix the error, and you can inform them afterwards that a Cert # is no longer valid (Edit: They may even do this, by default, when they fix an error label).

If I am not the owner of the slab/book, then there is nothing I can do about having the label changed.  That book will always be misidentified until it is broken from the slab or resubmitted for a new slab and label.  CGC would/will fix the census data with the certification in question if someone brings the error to their attention (I have asked them to fix an error book of mine so that I'd be able to compete in the Registry - it is still in an inaccurate slab).

I own a few inaccurately labeled CGC books.  When I accumulate enough of them, it might be worth risking a shipment to CGC in order for them to fix the errors.

11 hours ago, Yorick said:

If I am not the owner of the slab/book, then there is nothing I can do about having the label changed.  That book will always be misidentified until it is broken from the slab or resubmitted for a new slab and label.  CGC would/will fix the census data with the certification in question if someone brings the error to their attention (I have asked them to fix an error book of mine so that I'd be able to compete in the Registry - it is still in an inaccurate slab).

I own a few inaccurately labeled CGC books.  When I accumulate enough of them, it might be worth risking a shipment to CGC in order for them to fix the errors.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif