• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchased from eBay this ASM 361 as "NM or better". What do you think?
2 2

26 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Joosh said:

So the seller advertises NM or better, the book arrives at a 9.0-9.4 which equates to VF/NM to NM. And you are upset? 

Refund and apology why? What am I missing?

You are missing that the book is an ugly 9.0 at best (probably an 8.0) and it was advertised and priced as a 9.4-10. 

I once bought a book advertised as 8.0 but it looked much better from the pictures. Bought it... got it graded by company across the street.... came back as 9.4   Seller was 4 grades off. Should I have said something or do we only correct sellers who ere in their favor?

I have bought a lot of books on ebay and always look for people that take many close up pictures.  If I am interested and the pictures are iffy I will ask to be sent better ones, if no response they are not worth dealing with.  I have been pretty successful with that method.   But the camera still won't show everything, in the right light a lot of flaws show up sometimes.  Mostly indents in the front cover.   At home pressing will cure a lot of headaches too.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:57 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

I once bought a book advertised as 8.0 but it looked much better from the pictures. Bought it... got it graded by company across the street.... came back as 9.4   Seller was 4 grades off. Should I have said something or do we only correct sellers who ere in their favor?

Really depends.  Send my their name via PM and I'll look into them :)

I used to buy on eBay and I would be upset with the grade and condition they came back in. Now when I look at books on eBay, I am extremely, mega, ultra cautious when I look over the book. If I see even the slightest problem, I either don't buy it or ask the seller a question about it. I recommend playing it very safe and asking the seller as many questions as you see fit and examining the book very very carefully.