• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CLINK ever share data?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

Just now, Badger said:
1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Nope.  At least online, you are blocked from bidding on your own books.

Only if you have one account.

Ok, as I said in an earlier post, there is no doubt that some people do beat the system to shill up their books.  But if Heritage were truly indifferent to shilling, they wouldn't block you from bidding on your own books. 

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Ok, as I said in an earlier post, there is no doubt that some people do beat the system to shill up their books.  But if Heritage were truly indifferent to shilling, they wouldn't block you from bidding on your own books. 

They also would not specifically allow it in their terms of service.hm

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

this ^  I've consigned several books through Heritage before and when My book(s) were up live for bidding it automatically disabled all the bidding buttons on my end.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:
4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

They also would not specifically allow it in their terms of service.hm

I admit there is a contradiction between what that section of their TOS appears to allow and their blocking consignors from bidding on their own lots online.

34 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
43 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

this ^  I've consigned several books through Heritage before and when My book(s) were up live for bidding it automatically disabled all the bidding buttons on my end.

I assumed this would pretty well be standard on all of the major comic auction sites as I also heard this was definitely the case with CC.  (thumbsu

On 3/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Regarding Clink not reporting to GPA. A CGC4.0 Seven Seas sold for $5100 tonight and that sale would be great to have in GPA for just one guy, and that’s me. I got a 6.5 in CC sittin at 3k. I have to hope the bidders are aware of the Clink sale or do they already know. Real serious buyers don’t get it always from GPA I’m thinkin’. 

:bump:

Was actually searching for something else when I came across this old post here and decided to check to see if the story had a happy or a sad ending:  :)

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/756711

sev1.82a.jpg

It's a bit too bad he didn't followed up to let us know the goods since I guess he really didn't have much to complain about in the end as his copy which was seemingly stuck at a price point of only $3K ended up selling for $13,200 by the time it was all said and done.  :whee:  :banana:

8 hours ago, tpetty said:

Nice.  Great looking book - and even better price!  (for the seller)

That price was just about what an 8.5 sold for around the same time, so that was a high price indeed.

I don't think I've ever seen the 9.2 copy that's in the census. Does anybody know who owns that one?