• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North Texas Comic Book Show — Feb, 2019
1 1

55 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

Ande Parks added to create the Hester/Parks duo. Carlo Barberi added. @mysterio can you add to running list? Thanks!

Absolutely! Sorry I disappeared, it has been a busy couple of weeks so I haven't been checking FB as obsessively. I'll try to do better!

Been thinking about whether or not going to this show.  It is in the summer and I have the time off.  I want to go down there to buy books and really dig through boxes.   Anyone want to maybe give their thoughts or opinions?  Would like to do one show where I can really dig and shop this summer and this might be the best con right now based on my schedule.

Also, Hester/Parks are great artist and do amazing stuff.  Ande is a local guy here and I have gotten some great work from him.   This is probably one of my favorite Captain America commissions that he did and I have it framed now on my wall next to my Dan Jurgens piece.

19702360_10155614070223489_2371139255105697488_n.jpg

40 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

Been thinking about whether or not going to this show.  It is in the summer and I have the time off.  I want to go down there to buy books and really dig through boxes.   Anyone want to maybe give their thoughts or opinions?  Would like to do one show where I can really dig and shop this summer and this might be the best con right now based on my schedule.

Also, Hester/Parks are great artist and do amazing stuff.  Ande is a local guy here and I have gotten some great work from him.   This is probably one of my favorite Captain America commissions that he did and I have it framed now on my wall next to my Dan Jurgens piece.

I'd highly recommend the show. Great mix of dealers with a good guest list, it is well worth your Saturday to come on down and check it out (and you could stop and shop in OKC on the way back).

I was curious what this show was going to be like given that it's on the same weekend as SDCC and I didn't get to go in February.  I'll definitely be going and am hoping a CGC witness/facilitator will be around so I can get my Avenger #21 signed by Barberi!  =)

Their motto is "putting the comics back in comic con" and they definitely do that. There was a great cast of artists at the February show and there was tons of vendors, mainly selling comic books. This is one of the better ones that focuses on comic books rather than all the other stuff that goes along with it. Would recommend.