• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North Texas Comic Book Show — Feb, 2019
1 1

55 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

Weekly maintenance {Bump}. We're less than two weeks away. Duncanville Comics has been added as a vendor.

Is there a vendor list that you can direct me to? Thanks!

Does that mean Rob Guillory will be at the event? Sorry @iggykoopa but Rob will not be able to attend. We tried but he will be in San Diego. We will have the variant cover con edition of his Farmhand #1 though. Glad your pumped! Should be another good show. We seem to have an increased number of comics dealers so the selection should be great.

Too bad but I understand. I'll definitely be picking up the Farmhand #1 variant. I read it last night and I love the artwork and story! And one of the things I love about this show is that there are a ton of actual comic book vendors there! It's putting the "comic" back into comic con!

13 hours ago, spideyfan68 said:

Looking for reports from today. I should make it there tomorrow, still too jet lagged from Indonesia to go today

Hope the flights went smoothly! Lots of good stuff in the room, we’re set up across from the concession stand. Hope to see you!

I’m in the airport with a bit of a wait for my flight, so I’ll try to put together something of a report. 

As always, it was a fun weekend. I’ve long thought that these are the best pure comic shows in the area. Good concentration of dealers, some great toy vendors as well, and the guest list is always focused on comic talent. 

This weekend was a bit of a step down from the February show in terms of sales and attendance. The general theme from the dealers I talked to was that their sales were running about half of the February show. Attendance was also down some, and the crowd was light today. Not sure what to attribute this to, but I’m sure the 108 degree heat didn’t help. 

I spent more than I intended to, and came home with some great books and toys. It was nice to meet @iggykoopa and see everyone that stopped by to shop or BS for a bit. I’m hoping we can fit the February 2019 show into our schedule. 

My haul:

F78BF8A7-802E-4ACC-A88F-6563493DE957.jpeg

910E64DB-A0AB-42E8-BB15-108AF0643133.jpeg

B085EBF9-B1F8-4CC2-A255-F68D165DDB75.jpeg

Hey, it was nice to finally meet you also! I agree that it was much lighter attendance than February and in addition to the 108 degree heat I'm sure having it the same weekend as SDCC hurt as well. I'm looking forward to the next one! Safe travels and thanks for the Hulk 340!