• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 121 on eBay

7 posts in this topic

Threw a bid into the wind for this one, but was nowhere close to the hammer price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-BATMAN-COMIC-BOOK-NO-121-DC-ORIGIN-OF-MR-ZERO-FREEZE-HIGH-GRADE-SILVER/192455169138

Was curious what people might think the grade would be on this book?  Put my WAG in the spoiler below... 

Spoiler

My first impression was a 7.5, which puts it in rare company for that issue

Wow, that is an aggressive price for a raw book! Buyer must have nerves of steel.

Spoiler

I agree with your ballpark... the eye appeal is terrific, but I'd probably guess 7.0 to 7.5, leaning 7.0. The staples look a bit dark (is it just the photos?) and there's hints of moisture rippling on the back, so not sure it can go any higher.

5 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Wow, that is an aggressive price for a raw book! Buyer must have nerves of steel.

Hide contents

I agree with your ballpark... the eye appeal is terrific, but I'd probably guess 7.0 to 7.5, leaning 7.0. The staples look a bit dark (is it just the photos?) and there's hints of moisture rippling on the back, so not sure it can go any higher.

Yep...the bidding flew right out of my raw comfort zone in a hurry at the end.  It was part of a collection of SA Batman's listed with some really difficult books that rarely surface in FN or better like #88-92.  

7 hours ago, Point Five said:

Reveal hidden contents

yep buying that raw is like playing financial roulette 

Edited by 1950's war comics