• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying where this Batman Venom Ad was published!
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I am hoping someone can help me indentify where this Batman Legends of the Dark Knight "Venom" advertisement was published.  I remember seeing it a few times when I was a kid but I have yet to place the exact comic or magazine it was published in. It is penciled by Garcia-Lopez and inked by Giordano.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

Chris 

downloadfile.jpg

I have them and that was my first thought unfortunately i currently live overseas and my issues are in storage back in the states.  If anyone has LOTDK 10-15 and can check for me i would really appreciate it.  Thanks  

9 hours ago, Swartzisgod1 said:

I have them and that was my first thought unfortunately i currently live overseas and my issues are in storage back in the states.  If anyone has LOTDK 10-15 and can check for me i would really appreciate it.  Thanks  

The original art for this ad was shown last year at the "Art of DC comics exhibition" in Paris. Wonderful art, brings back nice memories.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:23 AM, BPLZ said:

The original art for this ad was shown last year at the "Art of DC comics exhibition" in Paris. Wonderful art, brings back nice memories.

They had some great pieces on display at the exhibit.  I actually just recently purchased the original art for this ad, which is why I have been trying to locate exactly where it was published.  

22 minutes ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

According to GCD it appeared in Detective Comics #627 (cover dated March 1991) and Justice League America #49 (April 1991).  They credit the inking to Garcia-Lopez not Giordano.

Thanks for the huge assist Chaykin.