• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay 20% off
5 5

176 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Screw it, not going to force it, letting this one go by even though it kills me. No good deals on the books I want, even AFTER the 20%...ridiculous. I’d basically be giving the 20% to the seller. 

Same here. I'm passing. 

Just bought a CGC graded book using this coupon.  Not the greatest buy but I found out about this 15 minutes ago and didn't have the time to do an appropriate search before the clock was going to run out on me.  I'll agree that GPA is going to see a spike in prices across the board as people I'm sure were willing to pay a small premium to GPA for books they wanted if they could snag it at 20% off.  

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

i tried my best but couldn't find anything :cry:

How many sections can you post this in tonight? Maybe 20% of the forum?

lol

Gah! Do you folks know how hard it is to find something that is BIN'd at GPA, and not 20, 30, 50% OVER GPA, making the 20% off coupon utterly moot...?

GAH!

After losing that Tec #49 3.5 auction to some toolbag, I had to scramble to find something that was priced fairly.

Wanted SO badly to buy something GA, but...nothing. Everything was DOUBLE what it was on GPA, because of all the GOT DANG FLIPPERS. Jerks.

I finally ended up with this at $400:

s-l1600.jpg

GREAT book, no doubt, but not what I wanted. Already have a copy in about that grade range, and paid a LOT less than $400 for it. Ah well, maybe I can trade it to someone for something I do want. But at least the BIN was reasonable to start with!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 hours ago, PKJ said:

GPA will be going nuts updating all these sales. Just browsed closed auctions and definitely a large uptick in BIN purchases in the past 12 hours.

I thought about that too.... I saved $83 and it shows sold for $415, but I paid $346. GPA will be reporting some highs...

Actually, GPA won't report the high prices.  They have access to the real sales prices.  They report the discounted amount.  Check it out on any best offer acceptance.

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Actually, GPA won't report the high prices.  They have access to the real sales prices.  They report the discounted amount.  Check it out on any best offer acceptance.

It's not a best offer though.  If it was a best offer you would be correct. 

However, these prices reflect what was actually paid out to the seller.  GPA does not trace discounts due to coupon codes or eBay bucks or Gift Certificates because that is what this 20% off really is.  The book I purchased for $240+ shipping is already on the census as having been sold for $300.  To be fair, this is what the seller actually received.  The seller received $300 for the item.  It is eBay that is eating the difference. 

Here is a screen cap of my new 'Cap'

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 6.53.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 6.56.18 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:
7 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It's not a best offer though.  If it was a best offer you would be correct. 

However, these prices reflect what was actually paid out to the seller.  GPA does not trace discounts due to coupon codes or eBay bucks or Gift Certificates because that is what this 20% off really is.  The book I purchased for $240+ shipping is already on the census as having been sold for $300.  To be fair, this is what the seller actually received.  The seller received $300 for the item.  It is eBay that is eating the difference. 

Here is a screen cap of my new 'Cap'

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 6.53.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 6.56.18 AM.png

I stand corrected - it is the best offer price that is reflected in GPA.  To my knowledge, GPA has access to the best offer prices, however I'm unaware that the general public does.  I was getting mixed up with what I and others here were doing - first submitting a best offer, then using the coupon price on top of that.  There could be a $200 variance in the asking and the selling price, but the coupon would only be attributable to $100 of that price variance.

Edited by lizards2