• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay 20% off
5 5

176 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I scrambled all night looking for a decent BIN deal but as mentioned they are all over priced to begin with. Put in 2 offers but they didn't accept or counter. How often do they do this?

I really don't know.  On one of my best offers, the book was just then marked as a removed listing because the item was not available.  Then it was immediately reposted as a new auction with all the same details.  No decline, no counter, but I got an eBay generated (I think) robo message, "How bad do you want ______? It's been relisted."  Baah.

You might want to cancel your best offers so you don't get stuck with the books now that the coupon has expired.

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I really don't know.  On one of my best offers, the book was just then marked as a removed listing because the item was not available.  Then it was immediately reposted as a new auction with all the same details.  No decline, no counter, but I got an eBay generated (I think) robo message, "How bad do you want ______? It's been relisted."  Baah.

You might want to cancel your best offers so you don't get stuck with the books now that the coupon has expired.

To be safe my offers were really low. Even if accepted today i'd be making out like a bandit. I hate putting in low ball offers but I had to play it safe.  :wishluck:

41 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

My wife started talking to me for few mins ... by the time we were done I looked  at my phone it was 11:03 ...and I ended up getting diddly squat 

Was your diddly squat the rare, collector's chrome edition?

46 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

My wife started talking to me for few mins ... by the time we were done I looked  at my phone it was 11:03 ...and I ended up getting diddly squat 

I looked thru the sale section for 4 hours straight and ended up with diddly squat too. Would have been better off relaxing.   (shrug)

39 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:
1 hour ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

I looked thru the sale section for 4 hours straight and ended up with diddly squat too. Would have been better off relaxing.   (shrug)

I typically have about 6 pages of stuff on my watch list.  It's pretty handy when these come up, as I usually don't find out about these offers until there is an hour or two left.  Yesterday was unusual, in that I had about 10 hours to play around, submit best offers and such - I have never had that luxury before.  But I still ended up buying two items from my existing watch list.

Edited by lizards2

35 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I typically have about 6 pages of stuff on my watch list.  It's pretty handy when these come up, as I usually don't find out about these offers until there is an hour or two left.  Yesterday was unusual, in that I had about 10 hours to play around, submit best offers and such - I have never had that luxury before.  But I still ended up buying two items from my existing watch list.

Just curious. I've read that a lot of people get upset (rightfully so) if someone submits an offer, but when it's accepted they don't buy the book. If you submit offers, don't you run the risk of the seller not getting back to you until after the coupon expires? If they accept the offer, but too late to use the coupon, are we still 'obligated' to purchase the item?

2 minutes ago, Gaard said:
43 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Just curious. I've read that a lot of people get upset (rightfully so) if someone submits an offer, but when it's accepted they don't buy the book. If you submit offers, don't you run the risk of the seller not getting back to you until after the coupon expires? If they accept the offer, but too late to use the coupon, are we still 'obligated' to purchase the item?

There is a retract option, and I don't believe it is as big a deal as a general bid retraction on a real auction-style format.  Best offers associated with Buy It Nows are considered a little bit different - if the seller didn't attend to your offer before your money expired, then retract.

I don't sell on eBay, so I welcome the corrections of those who do.

2 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Was your diddly squat the rare, collector's chrome edition?

Not only was it the collector's chrome edition but it had a CVA sticker on it. 

I rarely even look at E-Bay except to research sales data. Because of the coupon, I spent a good couple hours searching for something to buy. Everything, and I mean everything, was priced at ridiculous premiums. I think I would have needed a 50% off coupon to find something. 

Man, my for sale items are the "wander into it" stuff on ebay.  I just made a sale, same amount now today already as I made yesterday. (shrug) I guess some people just don't go on the computer Fridays or skip the home page. Not complaining though, glad to be rid of 16 issues of Thor up to 502!

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

Man, my for sale items are the "wander into it" stuff on ebay.  I just made a sale, same amount now today already as I made yesterday. (shrug) I guess some people just don't go on the computer Fridays or skip the home page. Not complaining though, glad to be rid of 16 issues of Thor up to 502!

Yesterday was crazy busy especially for minor key books.  I guess if the person only has one 20% coupon they don’t want to get filler books but want grab the “good” stuff.  Sold a Star Wars 1 for $120 I was hoping to get $100 and doubled the normal Friday sales.  Love that coupon - need more!

You get tired of looking for 1/2 way decent deals after a while. I have purchased a few books on Comic Connect and they have all been over graded. Ebay has much more to offer but it takes forever to search for something. I need a break. Time to submit books and play the waiting game.

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

You get tired of looking for 1/2 way decent deals after a while. I have purchased a few books on Comic Connect and they have all been over graded. Ebay has much more to offer but it takes forever to search for something. I need a break. Time to submit books and play the waiting game.

I'm guessing you're doing it wrong, or have very little that you're looking for.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:10 AM, lizards2 said:

Actually, GPA won't report the high prices.  They have access to the real sales prices.  They report the discounted amount.  Check it out on any best offer acceptance.

Turns out you are incorrect. During this sale, I bought an X-Men #10 CGC 8.0 that was listed for a buy it now of $350 (-20% off, for an end price of $280). 

Here it is listed on GPA as a $350 sale:

(1) $350Hi  
      Mar-09-2018 $350 Cert# 1396878002