• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay 20% off
5 5

176 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, jharvey said:
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, lizards2 said:

Actually, GPA won't report the high prices.  They have access to the real sales prices.  They report the discounted amount.  Check it out on any best offer acceptance.

Turns out you are incorrect. During this sale, I bought an X-Men #10 CGC 8.0 that was listed for a buy it now of $350 (-20% off, for an end price of $280). 

Here it is listed on GPA as a $350 sale:

(1) $350Hi  
      Mar-09-2018 $350 Cert# 1396878002  

Right - I've already been corrected once.  The statement is correct as far as true best offer amounts being reported by GPA.

Just now, lizards2 said:

Right - I've already been corrected once.  The statement is correct as far as true best offer amounts being reported by GPA.

Yes sir, I saw that after I replied to you. GPA also mis-reports when a seller clicks the button for "send offer" via an email reply. So, if the item is for sale for $1000, and the seller does "send offer" via email for $600, GPA will report it as a $1000 sale.

Actually past sales look like a lot of "best offers" 

And from low to high, you can really tell the auction of $2,400 was an outlier....

I don't have GPA, but I do my best :sorry:

I see a lot of cool stuff Marked sold on March 9th, even a Double Cover DC comics Presents 47 cgc 9.6.

ANYWAY

it'll at least keep the mail carriers busy this week :foryou:

1900 is right on the dot for average.  http://comics.gocollect.com/priceguide/view/134372

I'd rather save 20% on $500 than 5% of 1900 even if it is $100 either way.

It is interesting that on the $1900 sale ebay breaks even since the seller pays the $100 final value fee.  On a $500 book the fee is only $50 so ebay loses another $50 on it.

With that said I only saved $32 on a hardcover since the graded books were overpriced.  

Edited by 90sChild

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I see a lot of cool stuff Marked sold on March 9th, even a Double Cover DC comics Presents 47 cgc 9.6.

ANYWAY

it'll at least keep the mail carriers busy this week :foryou:

Trickle Down! :headbang: 

12 hours ago, jharvey said:

Yes sir, I saw that after I replied to you. GPA also mis-reports when a seller clicks the button for "send offer" via an email reply. So, if the item is for sale for $1000, and the seller does "send offer" via email for $600, GPA will report it as a $1000 sale.

Yes! I made an offer on eBay for an ASM 94 once & GPA recorded the original bin. There was a pretty big difference there. I don't know if that's GPA's fault or eBay's?

I suppose the next question on many boardies minds is... will and when eBay be having the 20% discount coupon up in offer again? 

St Patrick’s Day?

Easter weekend?

Next holiday?

:wishluck:

7 minutes ago, adampasz said:

@Fan Boy 15% off coupon today. One time use.
PSPRINGTIME

Gaah!  :/

I'm supposed to be on the wagon...,

17 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Nice.  Saved $30 on my latest batch of comic book mailers which I needed to order anyhow.

Oh, good idea! I was mulling over a couple of books I might want ,but i actually NEED mailers. Good call!

23 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

No you have to enter it at the bottom where it says coupon at checkout. Make sure you don't buy it now but put it in your cart then go to checkout and enter the code to get the discount.

Yes! Just add stuff to your cart, then "proceed to checkout" and enter the code in the "coupons, etc" portion.