• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocky Mountain Comic Convention
2 2

27 posts in this topic

Flew out from San Francisco to attend this show. Lots of nice books in the room. However, foot traffic felt a bit light - surely because this was a first time show in the area and the word still needs to get out. Seemed like most of the attendees were more casual collectors, and a lot of the bigger buys were between dealers. At least that was my perception. 

As for myself, I picked up quite a few books and enjoyed it because there was virtually zero competition for the books I was after. I was there all day and didn't buy anything until the end of the day and everything I had my eye on was still there. 

Overall it's a good comics-only show with lots of potential, just needs more people to show up so it's worth it for the dealers to set up. It is absolutely worth it for anyone in or around Denver. All the comic collectors going to Denver Comic Con in a couple weeks would have been far better off attending this show instead. 

Below are a bunch of pics that I snapped at the show so you can see what it was like. First set is pics of the space and some booths, and I will follow up with pics of wall books.

DSC02947_1.JPG

DSC02953.JPG

DSC02956.JPG

DSC02963.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02978.JPG

DSC02983.JPG

DSC02984.JPG

DSC02985.JPG

DSC02986.JPG

DSC02987.JPG

On May 23, 2018 at 12:01 AM, 707comics said:

@shortboxed Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like a bunch of killer books ..... maybe next time I'll be able to make it.

Same here thanks for the great pics (thumbsu