• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper stuck to back of book

4 posts in this topic

I have a book that has paper stuck to the back from another book. Is there a way to safely remove it without damaging this book?  If I sent it in to be pressed and cleaned would they be able to remove it for me?

Thanks for any input.IMG_20180306_170045707.thumb.jpg.6feef8030b5cd055d085ec89f07b4726.jpg.1ca735a6e5176cc425710bd95fc1125d.jpg

I think the damage is already done. From the placement, one on each corner and the middle, I suspect someone put glue or tape to hang the book. I think there is underlying damage underneath each spot that will be there even if the glue is removed. Unless this is an AF15 or some major key, I would move on = don't bother with it.

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I think the damage is already done. From the placement, one on each corner and the middle, I suspect someone put glue or tape to hang the book. I think there is underlying damage underneath each spot that will be there even if the glue is removed. Unless this is an AF15 or some major key, I would move on = don't bother with it.

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to this so I didn't know if there was any method for saving a book like this. Not a key though I just like it because it's my oldest book (1954).