• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #300

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mdean2437 said:

9.2  They are hard on this book IMMO 

Anecdotally, I agree. I've owned a few of these. Currently in possession of one that looks nearly identical to this and it's a 9.0.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Why so low?

Edited by SilverSniper

2 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

Anecdotally, I agree. I've owned a few of these. Currently in possession of one that looks nearly identical to this and it's a 9.0.

Why so low?

The right edge looks a little wavy, bindery nick at top of spinewispy stress line that breaks color back cover at bottom of spine and given the damage evident on the backer board I’m guessing the upper right corner has an impact crunch. Most might be fixable by a press but ...

30 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

The right edge looks a little wavy, bindery nick at top of spinewispy stress line that breaks color back cover at bottom of spine and given the damage evident on the backer board I’m guessing the upper right corner has an impact crunch. Most might be fixable by a press but ...

arent bindery nicks not marked down as they are production related?

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Not sure truly.  Thought I’d seen it mentioned in some of my graders notes. 

I'm not sure either but in the grading contests I've seen that mentioned a few times.

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Right edge has a "scalloped" (almost like art-deco, decorative molding or the fluting on the edges of 1940s photos attached to a booklet) cut.. It's on many, manufactured this way, if not most of them. The main thing that concerns me are signs of what looks like possible color touch to me, back cover spine, black areas. It needs to be checked for that, I'm 50/50 on it based on these images with a slight lean toward it being color touch rather than not, I hope I'm wrong and it's the lighting, rake, and resolution giving it that appearance. 

Edited by James J Johnson

hmmm 

Hi there. The Amazing Spider-Man 300 comic book that you purchased from us, that was mailed to you by us and that you received yesterday from us, has never been restored. This comic book is unread, been bagged & boarded since I purchased it and was from my personal collection. Thank you again for your purchase and please remember that we strive for 100% positive feedback.

On 13/03/2018 at 2:02 PM, mdean2437 said:

9.2  They are hard on this book IMMO 

I've always thought they were light on it. I've seen so many 9.8's with multiple color breaking spine ticks on the back. 

I had a 9.8 that the graders notes said finger prints on back cover. A 9.8.

Edited by SonOfWolF

When the seller says the book is "unread" it poses the question, how do they know? Unless you pulled the book directly off the press and bagged it how would you know if it is unread? If you bought it at your LCS maybe someone was reading it then put it back on the shelf. Just sounds like the stupidest comment to make about a comic. Sorry for the rant.