Calendar been hacked?

5 posts in this topic

1,616 posts

I can't find a "site issue" thread, so I'll try here. 

Is it me or has the calendar been hacked?  Look at the entry for March 13.(at the bottom of most pages)

6,369 posts
16 minutes ago, CatskillMike said:

I can't find a "site issue" thread, so I'll try here. 

Is it me or has the calendar been hacked?  Look at the entry for March 13.(at the bottom of most pages)

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out. It isn't hacked, it's just a spammer making spamming posts. The event is removed and the member has been banned.

6,369 posts

Hm,

I can see there are a bunch of events spammed in there. Cleanup will be a little more extensive. Stand by.

10,097 posts

I've been "reporting" them as they've popped-up over the last few days. For future reference, does reporting work or is it better to make a separate thread pointing out these occurrences? 

6,369 posts
5 hours ago, DeadOne said:

I've been "reporting" them as they've popped-up over the last few days. For future reference, does reporting work or is it better to make a separate thread pointing out these occurrences? 

Reporting works. It made an entry in the moderation queue. I may need to check some permissions and define how to handle them (i.e. move them someplace like we do for posts, or just delete them). That may be why no action was taken.