• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD: Fantast Four #5 - CGC 4.5R - 1st Dr Doom

19 posts in this topic

oCBjzCL.pngRules :rulez:

No Probies or HOSers

:takeit: in the thread Trumps all.

Currently shipping in the USA with the prices below. International must contact me before making any claims.

Unless specified that shipping is included:

Please add $13.40 for shipping for Slabs. All slabs will be shipped in a USPS Medium Priority Box and well protected.

Shipping for Raw Books will be $6.50 for the first 3 via USPS Priority Shipping.

Returns will only be accepted in the instance there is damage. If you have any reservations on the quality of a book, please just ask first.

7idXP3d.pngPayment: PayPal Only

Please Check My Kudos Thread in my signature below. I also have a 100% positive feedback on eBay with a seller score of 295 and counting. Have had my eBay account for over 10 years. If you need a link I can do that in PM per request.

Edited by BatmanRiddlez

6 minutes ago, TC33 said:

Last I checked, it was against official board policy/rules to ask extra for paypal fees.

I guess this must have been a new rule. I haven't had a sales post since November and I pasted my usual format. Fixed. 

3 hours ago, TC33 said:

Last I checked, it was against official board policy/rules to ask extra for paypal fees.

I'm not sure it's board policy (I will check), but it's generally frowned upon.

I do know that it's breaking PayPal rules if you advertise an extra charge for using their service. If they catch you, they take down your account. Just FYI.

:bump:It's a cool book! GLWTS!

3 hours ago, BatmanRiddlez said:

I guess this must have been a new rule. I haven't had a sales post since November and I pasted my usual format. Fixed. 

I just checked the rules because I hadn't heard of that, and yes it is a new rule that was added January 8th.  It basically says that you cannot violate your payment service's terms of service, so for PayPal you cannot charge a fee but for something else, like Square cash, you CAN charge a fee for it IF Square would allow you to do that in its terms of service.  

The rule makes sense, but PayPal policy does not to me and frankly I question he legality of it in some states.  I know that quite a few places charge a fee for credit cards now, this is no different. 

But regardless, I learned something new too and that is one sweet book!  GLWTS!!!

3 hours ago, mdean2437 said:

Do you have grader notes? I would like to know if the CT is in 1 spot or multiple spots 

Sorry I don't have the notes on this one. It wasn't one I subbed myself. I'm personally having trouble seeing the color touch through the slab. If I had to make a guess (and only a guess) it might be on the spine area because I do not see anything on the cover that stands out. 

3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:
13 hours ago, mdean2437 said:

Do you have grader notes? I would like to know if the CT is in 1 spot or multiple spots 

It's highly unlikely the notes will be specific about the CT anyway.  

Nice looking book!

After looking at all the copies on eBay, there is definitely one spot of black CT bleed you can see just below the top staple.  Beyond that, I cannot tell if there are more.

29 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

After looking at all the copies on eBay, there is definitely one spot of black CT bleed you can see just below the top staple.  Beyond that, I cannot tell if there are more.

30 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Looks way better than a 4.5 super clean book. Correct me if I'm wrong, but typical the C stands for amateur so most like with the back it bleeds through the cover and onto the splash page. So I dont think it would be a good candidate for CCS. So the only way to remove that would be defacing the color spots on cover and removing paper with the touch entirely. The 1 would indicate very slight so i would think its only in one spot maybe two Iv'e had C-3 with just color touch and it was multiple color touches all along the spine. The grader notes did say multiple color touch spots at spine. ink bleeds through cover ect.  Or something along those line,. 

From the CGC  website Restoration Scale:

Quality Scale - C (Poor)

• Material used: glue, pen, marker, white out, white paper to fill missing pieces
  • Piece fill obvious at arm’s length
  • Bad color matching, use of pen or marker. Bleed through evident
  • Cover cleaning resulting in washed out/speckled colors, moderate cockling and/or ripples
  • New staple holes created upon reinsertion, or non-comic book staples used
  • Trimming of any kind
  • Married cover/pages poorly attached with non-professional materials

Quantity Scale  (Determined primarily by extent of piece fill and color touch)

1 (Slight)

• All conservation work, re-glossing, interior lightening, piece fill no more than size of two bindery chips, light color touch in small areas like spine stress, corner crease or bindery chip fill. Married cover or interior pages/wraps (if other work is present)