• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JLA #1 cgc 9.6 in May 18 heritage auction!!!
2 2

55 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

For the longest time there was only one, lone 9.6 copy.

Looks like there is another one now.

The first 9.6 was sold on Pedigree several years ago for $75,000 iirc (pre-arranged sale I guess because they had "sale pending" practically the minute they were listed.

There was also a highest graded issue of #2 and #3 listed at same time that I presume same buyer picked up. Those books also had almost immediate "sale pending" status when listed.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Schmell bought them from a dealer in Kentucky who brought issues #1-3 from an original owner collection. Can't remember who the intermediary dealer was right now (I think there was one).

They were the only 3 books to walk in from that collection. Quite a find.

Just noticed the HA listing and see there is a #2 (9.6) and #3 (9.2) also listed, both the #2 and #3 are original label CGC ( and could very well have been highest graded books when they were first offered )

I wonder if it's not the Pedigree buyer selling all 3 books and if the "second" 9.6 is in fact still the first ( submitted with hopes of a 9.8 grade but label not sent in )

Edited by Gotham Kid

This #1 9.6 is a different book than the original 9.6. I've seen both books.

As for #2 9.6, there are 5 copies in that grade so it's probably one of the other copies. As far as I know #1-3 are still together (or they were a few weeks ago)

14 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

This #1 9.6 is a different book than the original 9.6. I've seen both books.

As for #2 9.6, there are 5 copies in that grade so it's probably one of the other copies. As far as I know #1-3 are still together (or they were a few weeks ago)

(thumbsu

13 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

9.6 with that bottom left corner on the FC?

It's the bottom right that has a tiny corner crease appearing to break paper.  The number seems really soft.

17 minutes ago, namisgr said:

It's the bottom right that has a tiny corner crease appearing to break paper.  The number seems really soft.

Thx - I don't know left from right.

Whether the grade is deserved or not and whether it will hit 100K or not both come a distant second to the fact that this place is F awesome with its wealth of comic knowledge :headbang:

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, JLA Brad said:

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind selling this book (and the other two) right now.  I don't think there is a time in the last 8 years when JLA's are LESS in demand.

Consignor heard you were looking to upgrade :baiting: