• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth getting my comics graded

4 posts in this topic

Wondering if i should get them graded before I sell or are they not worth much. I have other ones too . Just don' want to upload all the pictures.  They are in fantastic condition 

Edited by Tshot1213
Add tags

8 hours ago, Tshot1213 said:

Wondering if i should get them graded before I sell or are they not worth much. I have other ones too . Just don' want to upload all the pictures.  They are in fantastic condition 

Depends on the books and age of the books.  I'd definetely start off by sending in any key worth over $500 and see how the grades come back.  If the first batch comes back where you thought then I'd send in a batch of books that are high valued in 9.8 / 9.6 and see how your fantastic stacks up to CGC grading.  I had a client send in 1,000 books to get graded before I started working with him and it turned out he lost money (or broke even) on half the books he submitted.  A bunch came back 9.6 and 9.8 but when you are talking about a Bronze Age filler of a book like Devil Dinosaur you don't get much profit on a 9.8 if it cost $25 a piece to get graded.  Sign up for GPA Analyses and and check to see how much your books are selling for in high grades and you should be able to decide if its worth the cost.  Let us know how it goes.

Edited by 1Cool

Thats probably good advice... I have been thinking about possibly sending some books in to get graded, than re-sell (than of course use the proceeds to purchase other comics!). I don't know if I have any that would be over $500 though. I was thinking maybe books around $100 (after being graded) that I could sell on eBay. Still looking into it more before deciding though! I have not done the CGC process myself, yet!

18 hours ago, Tshot1213 said:

Tshot: Which books are you considering for submission. Title, #, and approx. condition on a 1-10 scale will do, where 1 is ragged and abused and 10 is like new?