• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man 370 OA page by Mark Bagley. Worth it?
2 2

47 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I know pretty much nothing about OA and I have never purchased anything. I collect comics but the interest is there.

However, I have found in a local site here a listing about a page by Bagley from ASM 370. Nothing amazing, mainly random people in the panels and in one of them a tiny little Spidey coming from the sky. But I would really like to grab it and start slowly a small collection of ASM OA pages. 

My question is, what would you guys consider a fair market price for such a page, i.e. a random page of ASM by Bagley? 

Thanks! (thumbsu

21 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Hey guys! I know pretty much nothing about OA and I have never purchased anything. I collect comics but the interest is there.

However, I have found in a local site here a listing about a page by Bagley from ASM 370. Nothing amazing, mainly random people in the panels and in one of them a tiny little Spidey coming from the sky. But I would really like to grab it and start slowly a small collection of ASM OA pages. 

My question is, what would you guys consider a fair market price for such a page, i.e. a random page of ASM by Bagley? 

Thanks! (thumbsu

Maybe a couple of hundred bucks? I think it's cool you want to get started in OA. Have fun, buy what you like and you will be happy!

18 minutes ago, SECollector said:

And this is the actual page. Would you pay like 50-60 dollars for this? Any opinions appreciated!

RCO006_1471289357.jpg

$50-$60 I would pay for sure. That one Spidey panel alone worth it. Bagley helped create Carnage and was very popular during his 90's run. I think if you can get that would be great.

19 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Thank you very much! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

Bagley, out of costume/no Spidey pages go for about $250.  $100 would be on the low side. 

I have sold nearly 100 Bagley ASM pages via several online sources, at shows and through private deals .

This page features nobody from a nothing story that no one remembers today.

if it sells for anywhere near $250, I'll eat my hat (and yours too, for good measure)

8 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I have sold nearly 100 Bagley ASM pages via several online sources, at shows and through private deals .

This page features nobody from a nothing story that no one remembers today.

if it sells for anywhere near $250, I'll eat my hat (and yours too, for good measure)

Peter's Parents (well LMDs from a 2+ year arc)  are nobody?  

16 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Peter had parents? I'm glad I stopped reading Spider-man in the 80's!

10 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Peter had parents? I'm glad I stopped reading Spider-man in the 80's!

Yea, came back in 365 (OMG I had so many copies of that book when I was a kid, I was SURE it was going to be worth billions one day, cause it had a HOLOGRAM!!!) And then for the next two years he dealt with them coming back into his life.  It was a pretty good arc, and also interesting in that the revelation that they were LMDs made by the Chameleon, hurt even more so leading up to 400 and the death of Aunt May.

Edited by jaybuck43

5 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Yea, came back in 365 (OMG I had so many copies of that book when I was a kid, I was SURE it was going to be worth billions one day, cause it had a HOLOGRAM!!!) And then for the next two years he dealt with them coming back into his life.  It was a pretty good arc, and also interesting in that the revelation that they were LMDs made by the Chameleon, hurt even more so leading up to 400 and the death of Aunt May.

Glad I missed it.

It's a one inch Spider-man!  ONE INCH...come on... If I was you I'd buy it and sell it to one of these certain it is worth more, because then you'll see if they'd pay that.  The answer is no.  It's "RETAIL" to some may be $250 but it'll sit there, for sale, for years, so no, it's not 'worth that'...  BUT...if YOU like it...pay what YOU will.  That's truly what this all boils down to.  Good idea to seek advice here too.  You will get a variety, as you may already see.

2 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

Yes, yes they are.  Or no, no they're not.  I don't know, they suck and don't count is what I'm saying.  Felicia Hardy, however does.  :)

5 hours ago, SECollector said:

Pages are so individual, no matter how they are grouped into # of panels, character counts in costume,, etc......THIS page...I'd say $125 TOPS and if it mattered to you personally.  I'd try for lower though.  Best of luck, let us know how this goes, and welcome to the 'one of a kind'(sometimes) playhouse...

Edited by williamhlawson
i'm a goof