• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man 370 OA page by Mark Bagley. Worth it?
2 2

47 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Thanks for that, since I usually really don't like the "how much is this worth" type of questions and I was hesitant about posting this. But yes it is interesting to see how opinions can vary. 

Thanks everyone for your input. I truly get it that this is not by any means any really significant piece, but I thought that it was a cool thing to find in a local sales site here in Sweden. I ended up grabbing it at a price that I really felt comfortable with (approx. $50). It will be cool to have my first OA page to put aside with my ASM run, and I really hope to slowly add more by more artists that have worked for the run. Maybe one with Spidey larger than Ant-Man, lol.

SWEDEN?!! You did great then. Most likely as a non-USA collector, to otherwise get something similar you'd have been out $30-$50 just for shipping from the US or Canada. Ca. $50 is just fine for this, and that's fine too. Be happy and also know that should you decide to sell...you'll do fine there too, although if trying to sell to somebody in the US or Canada, the reverse of the shipping situation will hold true and people will balk at that upcharge, so it's always going to be a bit of a problem on a low end original. Best to enjoy it and congratuations on your first original art and having a bit of fun getting to it also! :) 

Bagley may have drawn more Spider-Man than anyone , ever.  He has done a long, long run in ASM and most of the 1st hundred issues of ultimate Spider-Man.  Inventory is not an issue :)

I agree with others that $150 is the peak value, but sub $100 is fmv unless there is something I'm missing.

I like it & think it's cool!

It's worth $50-60 if you can just enjoy it & lose the money.

The page will most likely only be interesting to another person buying as their first page IMO. If it's local & you don't have to pay half the pages value in shipping that makes it better.

2 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Bagley may have drawn more Spider-Man than anyone , ever.  He has done a long, long run in ASM and most of the 1st hundred issues of ultimate Spider-Man.

That's true, but this is from the early part of his ASM run.  To me, those are cooler than the later stuff.  They're very 1990's, but not too 90's like some of the later books, if you know what I mean.  Nice score!

4 hours ago, SECollector said:

Thanks for that, since I usually really don't like the "how much is this worth" type of questions and I was hesitant about posting this. But yes it is interesting to see how opinions can vary. 

Thanks everyone for your input. I truly get it that this is not by any means any really significant piece, but I thought that it was a cool thing to find in a local sales site here in Sweden. I ended up grabbing it at a price that I really felt comfortable with (approx. $50). It will be cool to have my first OA page to put aside with my ASM run, and I really hope to slowly add more by more artists that have worked for the run. Maybe one with Spidey larger than Ant-Man, lol.

Congratulations SECollector! Your first OA page and inexpensive. It can be addictive just ask everyone on here. Spend your money wisely and love what you buy!!!

16 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I have sold nearly 100 Bagley ASM pages via several online sources, at shows and through private deals .

This page features nobody from a nothing story that no one remembers today.

if it sells for anywhere near $250, I'll eat my hat (and yours too, for good measure)

id say eat your hat...... actually both hats you agreed to eat.... (preferably at a show so everyone can watch) lol

i feel that's a 250 retail page

if you care about Peter Parkers clone parents pictured who later are found out being robots , even if you hate that you still have  1 panel of spidey in costume on a wall. and a sexy Felicia Hardy (Black Cat). ASM pre 400 are worth far more than any of that ultimate and ugly later pencil only stuff... i've sold HUNDREDS of actual Bagley ASM  pages  and this would sell for 250.   but since it's not far sale you made a

great buy...... and we now get to see 2 hats being eaten soon by JJJ...time and place of his choosing! :)

Edited by romitaman

Just now, romitaman said:

id say eat your hat...... actually both hats you agreed to eat.... (preferably at a show so everyone can watch) lol

i feel that's a 250 retail page

if you care about Peter Parkers clone parents pictured who later are found out being robots , even if you hate that you still have  1 panel of spidey in costume on a wall. and a sexy Felicia Hardy (Black Cat). ASM pre 400 are worth far more than any of that ultimate and ugly later pencil only stuff... i've sold HUNDREDS of actual Bagley ASM  pages  and this would sell for 250.   but since it's not far sale you made ag reat buy...... and we now get to see 2 hats being eaten soon by JJJ!!! YAY!!!!!

I won't have to, Mike, because the page sold for $50.

4 hours ago, romitaman said:

he got a great deal on that page and that's the bottom line here ..50 bucks for a 250 page is great.... and i'm happy for this new collector. :)

SECollector getting his first page is what it's all about. Of course I always defer to Mike when it comes to $250  FMV on a Bagley Spidey page. My quesstimate of $200 (a couple hundred bucks) was in the ball park. Mike knowing the pages so well ads value as yes Hottie Felicia Hardy shares that top panel with micro Spidey. For $50 investment you get to hold your first OA piece in your hands and admire the work the artist(s) put on a page. Cheers SECollector!!!!

6 minutes ago, minisink warrior said:

CAF market data sales history appears to be more in line with Burkey's numbers

If it has Spider-Man in it, then yes. And not a tiny Spidey. Otherwise,  it's just a talking head page. And not a talking head page from a particularly important story. There are a very limited number of collectors who would be interested in this page at any price, let alone $250. $50 is a decent price for this, as I think it's probably more of a $100-esque page because its from the main title, and does have a tiny Spider-Man in it. I can go to eBay right now and find talking head Bagley Spider-Man pages (with no Spider-Man) for $50-$75 BIN's.

2 hours ago, SECollector said:

I really love this place :grin:. Thanks for all the comments guys. This was not an investment, so $50 or $200 value doesn't really mind me, I don't plan to sell it. Its not a legendary page or panel, but I think its cool anyway.

We love you being here (more fun than comics already right?)....but...Not legendary??? To hell with that.  This is the most legendary page ever!!!!  To you and that is ALL that really matters, but ALOT of the art guys are VERY into valuations.  You will always get lower #'s from collectors, higher #'s from dealers;  In valuation of pieces.  In sales prices.   Sometimes even in service :) A dealer gets 'retail' by accepting the overhead and waiting for the right buyer (which most have cultivated a horde of, so I believe their view is skewed high).   I know my values skew on the low end usually (I'm getting older and cheaper), and you still rocked it.  Learn to trust your eyes and your gut, because at the end of the day, it's worth what you will pay and not a cent more (until someone else buys it for more than that).  Just ENJOY it, it's truly great.

1 hour ago, williamhlawson said:

We love you being here (more fun than comics already right?)....but...Not legendary??? To hell with that.  This is the most legendary page ever!!!!  To you and that is ALL that really matters, but ALOT of the art guys are VERY into valuations.  You will always get lower #'s from collectors, higher #'s from dealers;  In valuation of pieces.  In sales prices.   Sometimes even in service :) A dealer gets 'retail' by accepting the overhead and waiting for the right buyer (which most have cultivated a horde of, so I believe their view is skewed high).   I know my values skew on the low end usually (I'm getting older and cheaper), and you still rocked it.  Learn to trust your eyes and your gut, because at the end of the day, it's worth what you will pay and not a cent more (until someone else buys it for more than that).  Just ENJOY it, it's truly great.

Thank you for your kind words. Comics are way too fun as well. But much easier and more simple when it comes down to pricing and values. I have a long way to go before completing my current collecting goal, an Amazing Spider-Man 1-400 run in higher grade. But its a blast. And if I manage to add a few OA pieces to accompany some issues down the road, that would be even cooler. 

1 hour ago, williamhlawson said:

Really good to see SECollector get a CGC fist bump for his 1st OA. This is the side of collectors that can preserve and promote goodwill to the newly initiated. I'm so pumped up for SECollector and glad to see most everybody encouraging him.