• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TurtleCrazyGirl1999: The new champ of Stan Lee autograph forgeries
1 1

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

It's fake alright 

It's given away from the first letter,  Stans s has a curve in it while the fake is straight

Ebay is full of thieves and people who fall for the BS

Always have a laugh when I see the old  "CGC IT"

Depends on the period. The straight line at the top of the S, in and of itself, can or cannot be a tell. it depends on the year in which it was signed. Anyone passing because of a straight line atop the S, or the length of it, without considering when it was signed might be passing on the real thing. There's a lot more problems with these than the material and the straight line S. There are many elements here that are amiss for any Stan Lee signing period.

I would do a thorough analysis, with multiple examples, from year to year of Stan Lee signatures. But the problem with doing so is that for everyone who would benefit from it for honest reasons, that is, to aid them in identification, it would assist 10 forgers to improve their faux product. A cook book for Lee forgeries, so I'm reluctant to create a thread with a Stan Lee signature study, analyzing his signature. It's not for my not wanting to share, it's for mostly whom I'd be helping! It's best they make these mistakes.

If you think this is bad now, just wait.... until Stan passes, God forbid. The floodgates of $10 and $20 Stan Lee faux autos will open.

Edited by James J Johnson

2 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

The reason why they put “CGC it” in their listings is to catch the crowd that type that in for a search.  Like Stan Lee CGC.

Many do that. Keyword spamming. Against Ebay rules, but never enforced unless reported. Like forgeries and other knock offs, ebay typically doesn't enforce their own rules when broken by listing violations and fakery even when reported and you've drawn them a blueprint. They simply don't care. Welcome to ebay and the return to the Ebay Wild West of 20 years ago. Which is why you report criminal activities like forged instruments being transacted in the mail to the Feds, state attorney general's offices, and their local DA's office, best to file a report in triplicate cc'ed to all three. You don't waste your time reporting to ebay and theirs deleting it.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, Wolverinex said:

Well she still has a perfect score on ebay...

I'd wager that it's a "he" and that as soon as one of his buyers has one of his Stan Lee forgeries assessed before they leave feedback, that perfect score will be dinged unceremoniously.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Fan Boy said:

What I am wondering about something... did CGC or other slab services have the ability to tell if the Stan Lee signatures (turtlecrazygirl auctions) are real or fake? Just asking that out of curiosity. Still, I am surprised that people are willing to bid on these books like that.

I'm confident that any pros involved in assessing grades or performing restoration checks for any of the grading services would have enough familiarity with Lee autographs to know when they're looking at probable garbage or likely the real thing.  However, at least the CGC, the one that counts the most, does not authenticate autographs. They will validate/certify an autograph if witnessed, in the way a notary functions, the yellow label the equivalent of the notary's stamp and signature.

What happens if someone buys one, files a claim with eBay for fraudulent item, and then leaves a negative feedback?  Are eBay's terms friendly enough towards buyers that one could do that while simultaneously dinging the seller?

Also, what of tonfulle's activity recently?  Has one dropped while the other has increased?  Or is someone dual accounting?

6 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

What happens if someone buys one, files a claim with eBay for fraudulent item, and then leaves a negative feedback?  Are eBay's terms friendly enough towards buyers that one could do that while simultaneously dinging the seller?

Also, what of tonfulle's activity recently?  Has one dropped while the other has increased?  Or is someone dual accounting?

Unless Tonfulle-84 and TurtleCrazyGirl1999 are buying and selling Stan Lee forgeries to each other, or one out-sourcing to the other in some way, I'm sure it's two accounts by the same owner. The handwriting generating the Stan Lee forgeries is the handiwork of the same author on the majority. It's the same forger producing an identifiable forgery. That's usually the case when a forger targets a particular signature and goes to work proliferating his bad ink in the marketplace. There's about 5 or 6 very talented Beatles forgers whose forgeries, although almost perfect, can be delineated by the Beatles experts. Same with all the most forged targets in every genre.

But those are very adept at their craft. Whomever is forging these, by these two sellers is not.

They probably have more accounts. I have to look around. I'll find them if more accounts exist.