• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Sweet Sixteen
2 2

78 posts in this topic

I also had HOM at 9.2 wtf

even Colonial Custard had it at 9.2

Edited by kav

6 minutes ago, timern said:

Double Ditto...had the Cap at 4.5, the HOM at 9.2.  :cry:

Congrats .5!! May you march straight to the top from here on!

Cheers!:golfclap:

Thanks man! That was an ugly win but I guess I’ll take it. Appreciate the kind words. Well fought!  :foryou:

14 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Did anyone guess anywhere near an 8.0 on the HOM?  If you did, what did you see?

I had it at an 8.0 initially, but then talked myself up to an 8.5 just prior to submitting.  The small scans look nice, so had to go with big scans to pick up the flaws on that one.  I saw multiple small creases at the upper right corner, about a half dozen light spine ticks (the group of 3 by the logo were a little more pronounced than the others), possible light stacking dirt on the BC at the top, but the clincher for me was the thumb crease along the right edge.

I can't believe those grades.  I whiffed badly but seems like lots of people did as well.  Anyway, you got to call it like you see it.

Congrats to everyone advancing.   I think this is my 3rd Sweet 16 showing in a row.   Wanted to go further but was really lucky several rounds.

Another year to prepare and get better.

Edited by spidermanbeyond

1 minute ago, toro said:

@trmoore54 and @kav  we kicked butt in that round, too bad we already had our butts kicked.  So far I am the Biggest Loser!!!  :)

we should be back in, based on this

3 minutes ago, toro said:

Nope at this moment, we are "The Walking Grading Dead"

wd1.jpg.64a747a4fee1fb5becc83f4930a45b93.jpg

fine we'll just bite the current players

19 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

4.0, 9.4, 9.2, 4.5 ...

That Cap is most certainly an ugly 6.0.  The Secret Origin looked better.  Oh well, I did better than Virginia.

Virginia?

johncarter6.jpg

4 minutes ago, youfoundjake said:

congrats on the advancement @Betty-Bates  

wonder what i missed on the secret origins..

Captain America 117 5.0

Hawkman 7 8.5

House of Mystery 223 9.0

Secret Origins 1 6.0

I waffled on the secret origins from 3.5-5.0, and was way off at 5.0.  I'm thinking it got killed for the stains on the front cover that just weren't cleaned up well enough to be unnoticeable.