• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slabbed Golden Age Motorcycle Cover Books - CLOSED
2 2

20 posts in this topic

I've decided that I can stand to thin out my motorcycle cover collection just a bit. I'll probably end up listing a handful or two of books. Hopefully some of you can find something you can use! 

General Rules

• No PL/HOS members, and I reserve the right to ask for references if you are a new/low post count boardie making a large purchase. Aside from that, the first taker wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp.
  • I consider a book to be taken as of the instant that terms have been agreed to by both me and the buyer. I'll mark books SOLD as soon as reasonably possible; if I put a book ON HOLD, that book is not available for purchase until it comes back off HOLD

Payment

• I'll take PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders;
  • I'll expect payment within 10 calendar days, or the book will be available for sale again (unless we've made other payment arrangements)
  • I'll gladly consider longer-term time payments, but PM me to discuss terms before taking a book if you need that.

Shipping Terms

• USA:
    - Graded Comics: shipping via priority mail, $12 to ship one slab
    - Of course, I'll combine shipping for multiple purchases to minimize your total shipping cost
  • Canada, UK or Australia:
    - we'll figure incremental shipping charges (either via first class or priority mail international, depending on package value and destination)
  • Other International Destinations:
    - case by case basis...I'll need to see if I'm comfortable with available shipping options

Returns/Refunds

• General Policy: I will accept returns for any reason within two weeks of your receipt of the books, as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them. On graded book returns, you cover shipping cost both ways.

Here's a link to my KUDOS THREAD

Thanks for looking/shopping! :foryou:

Ed

Edited by EC ed

Joker Comics #5, CGC 1.5 CR/OW, Al Jaffee Sig. Series, $200 SOLD to 143ksk

Yes, I'm calling that contraption down at the bottom a motorcycle :sumo:

This book contains a story that is among some of Jaffee's earliest published work in comics. There's also content in here by Basil Wolverton.

This is a very Timely listing, given that Jaffee's birthday was just a couple days ago (see what I did there...Timely...  :D )

Only three copies of this book on the census - 1 universal, 1 sig. series (this one), and 1 restored

joker5_f.jpg

joker5_r.jpg

Edited by EC ed

FYI - I've gotten some PMs about what's to come. I'm still fine tuning what I want to let go at this point, but don't expect to see any "big" books in here (no Captain America, no other big Timelys, no GGA, no Batman, no Action, etc.) - those are keepers. We'll be looking at some obscure, esoteric, relatively inexpensive stuff...

1 hour ago, EC ed said:

FYI - I've gotten some PMs about what's to come. I'm still fine tuning what I want to let go at this point, but don't expect to see any "big" books in here (no Captain America, no other big Timelys, no GGA, no Batman, no Action, etc.) - those are keepers. We'll be looking at some obscure, esoteric, relatively inexpensive stuff...

Oh neverminddoh!

8 hours ago, EC ed said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4556241

11 hours ago, EC ed said:

Joker Comics #5, CGC 1.5 CR/OW, Al Jaffee Sig. Series, $200

This book contains a story that is among some of Jaffee's earliest published work in comics. There's also content in here by Basil Wolverton.

This is a very Timely listing, given that Jaffee's birthday was just a couple days ago (see what I did there...Timely...  :D )

Only three copies of this book on the census - 1 universal, 1 sig. series (this one), and 1 restored

joker5_f.jpg

joker5_r.jpg

:takeit:

30 minutes ago, 143ksk said:
12 hours ago, EC ed said:

Outstanding!

^^  Thanks!!

5 hours ago, 143ksk said:
17 hours ago, EC ed said:

joker5_f.jpg

joker5_r.jpg

I guess the CGC witness was on a coffee break when George Kerschner signed it. :)

One and only :bump:

4 books still available up there:

Vacation Parade #1, CGC 5.5 OW, $225
Mighty Midget Comics (Minute Man) #12, CGC 9.2 OW/W, $60
Strictly Private #1, CGC 8.0 CR/OW, $225
Police Comics #74, CGC 5.0 CR/OW, $85

EDIT: THREAD CLOSED, and all books moved to my Mixed "store": LINK

Edited by EC ed