• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] One Book; Still Available -- Gerber 8 -- Overstreet "Scarce"

3 posts in this topic

One lower grade but complete copy of a very tough book tonight. Gerber gave it an 8. Overstreet calls it scarce. There's five on the census, none higher than 7.5. Comps are tough; Heritage has sold three, none since 2010.

But first, :rulez:

First :takeit: in the thread wins.

Price is shipped U.S.; Canada add $10.

Don't be listy (tsk)

Payment: Money Order or Check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime.

Edited by Readcomix

Jackie Gleason and the Honeymooners #12 in Good/Good minus. Complete; two center wraps detached. A couple later pages have that oversized corner thing going on, where the corner is folded in (see last pic). Mostly general wear otherwise; nicks and small tears as seen in pics. Presents well despite accumulated technical flaws. Supple.

Final issue of DC series, April-May 1958. Full-page ads inside for Challengers of the Unknown #1 and Lois Lane #1. 

$150 USD shipped in U.S. ($160 USD shipped to Canada)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Price

UPDATE: I'm closing this thread to offer other things, but the book is still available as of this writing (3/19/18) so PM's are welcome. I didn't want to hog front page real estate with a new post. Thanks!

Here's a look at the two full-page house ads...who knew Lois Lane was 22 years old and 121 pounds in 1958? (shrug)

Now $150 shipped in U.S. ($160 to Canada)

Last eBay sale I saw was also raw, ad stated VG+ (though I cannot recall pix to say accurate, better, or worse than stated grade) and it went for $157 plus shipping.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix