• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Contact 12 a pedigree copy? And does it have resto?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

For those with eBay refund experience, what happens if I request a refund/return from the seller and he does not reply and just ignores my request? Will eBay step in and refund me, in addition to any action they take against the seller? I just want to get ahead of it and be prepared in case the seller for some reason decides to ignore me and not make good on their very clearly-stated return policy. I would hate to get screwed over, obviously. 

1 hour ago, shortboxed said:

For those with eBay refund experience, what happens if I request a refund/return from the seller and he does not reply and just ignores my request? Will eBay step in and refund me, in addition to any action they take against the seller? I just want to get ahead of it and be prepared in case the seller for some reason decides to ignore me and not make good on their very clearly-stated return policy. I would hate to get screwed over, obviously. 

Handle the return through eBay ...... there will be a drop down menu under , I believe, "Actions" or something to that effect. That will begin your official eBay mediated return experience ...........It should be somewhere in the listing, if I recall.  If you paid FMV for unrestored I can't blame you.  Cool book, though.... and I'm not so sure about trimming.... that publisher wasn't known for stringent QC..... a lot of legitimate copies look like whack jobs. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

UPDATE: Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback! I successfully returned the book to the seller for a full refund, but the seller did not reply to any of my messages during the return, it was purely transactional. I'm just glad I got my money back. I've heard from a couple people that this seller bought a big collection and a lot of the books were restored and have ended up on eBay with no mention of resto. There have also been returns of restored books which ended up back on eBay, still without any resto disclosed. Word of advice, just look at photos closely and make sure to ask the seller to confirm whether or not there's resto. This particular seller told me there wasn't any restoration on it, although he simply could have believed there wasn't any - I won't go so far as to accuse him of knowingly selling a restored book as unrestored. However, receiving returns for undisclosed restoration and then continuing to re-list them as unrestored is very, very shady. 

UPDATE: Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback! I successfully returned the book to the seller for a full refund, but the seller did not reply to any of my messages during the return, it was purely transactional. I'm just glad I got my money back. I've heard from a couple people that this seller bought a big collection and a lot of the books were restored and have ended up on eBay with no mention of resto. There have also been returns of restored books which ended up back on eBay, still without any resto disclosed. Word of advice, just look at photos closely and make sure to ask the seller to confirm whether or not there's resto. This particular seller told me there wasn't any restoration on it, although he simply could have believed there wasn't any - I won't go so far as to accuse him of knowingly selling a restored book as unrestored. However, receiving returns for undisclosed restoration and then continuing to re-list them as unrestored is very, very shady. 

That is ebay at it's finest you did the right thing returning it (thumbsu

Glad it worked out!

16 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

What is the BACK story on the "sample copy" ? Is this from something similar like a Jacquet estate collection?Very cool.

I have to admit I didn't really ask Harley about that or do much in the way of research. I haven't seen any other copies of this book with that stamp, either. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this can chime in...