• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Tom Brent and His Flying Nurses
7 7

796 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

It must take you weeks just to make a few pages of this thread thanks you??

5ab3f4ebec194_DrWhoThumbsUp.gif.c32a1c64dbfd78cf5916957577d09cfd.gif

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Part of the reason Charlton was synonymous with drek was the lousy titles they gave their comics (like the title of this thread)

but time has mellowed everything and i actually  now think those title are so bad..... that they are GOOD !!

Angry.gif.5f0c23a618e7d82724e56c89e36726e6.gif

39 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

But,but..they made 1950's war comics,did they not?

Whaa...

So do you think that " Doctor Tom Brent and his flying nurses" was a good comic book title at the time of its release ?

i think not ... it was probably considered very cheesy...and probably really hurt sales....

but today at this time it is so bad that it is good ! i want one (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Whaa...

So do you think that " Doctor Tom Brent and his flying nurses" was a good comic book title at the time of its release ?

i think not ... it was probably considered very cheesy...and probably really hurt sales....

Some people probably loved it.It was a different era then.Cheesy?Sheesh,ever read any DC superhero stuff from that time? lol 

Edited by porcupine48
is DC not DdC

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Whaa...

Nonsense!

Firstly, it's the amalgamation of two separate titles,  which you'd have known had you read the thread. Secondly, they're not 'cheesy' or 'drek' or 'so bad they're good'.  They are fantastic comics. I put together this thread to show that I love these books. Don't post here unless you agree with me. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nonsense!

Firstly, it's the amalgamation of two separate titles,  which you'd have known had you read the thread. Secondly, they're not 'cheesy' or 'drek' or 'so bad they're good'.  They are fantastic comics. I put together this thread to show that I love these books. Don't post here unless you agree with me. 

see post below/above this lol 

1950s has a habit of putting down what others like that he doesn't approve of.

Edited by porcupine48

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Nonsense!

Yes you are correct it was two different titles,, Doctor Tom his interns and the other one

I really like this thread but i still think them as cheesy lol  so i apologise as i was unaware poking fun at the comic book title was a no no....

12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nonsense!

I really enjoy the romance comic genre and have branched off towards collecting them now , i am actively collecting "Lovelorn" comics and have picked up a couple classic Baker covers last year , i actually do not collect war comics anymore ,..i have almost all the Atlas war runs and some others ,.. that being said i am well aware that Charlton war comics are not very good , they may have a few good covers but the interior stories and artwork are sub par , some Charlton war comics are in this thread also , i am sorry that i did not know that good natured ribbing in this thread was not permitted

i also actively collect "leave it to Binky" some would call it DREK , i could care less if someone would call Binky drek as i like it and it would not influence me in any way,  to each his own

3 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Love this thread. Amazing books. Charlton is super underrated. Thank you for organizing and sharing all of this info. 

Thanks Darth! I agree, super underrated. Lot's more lovely books to come, so keep watching my friend :headbang:

:fear:MEDICAL DOORWAYS! :fear:

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but is there a reason why Charlton medical staff always seem to be standing in doorways?

Answers on a postcard please (or I could just ask Quincy. He always knew what was going on, and which corporate bully had been poisoning the water supply etc).

5ab6bb72b7ec0_CynthiaDoyleNurseinLove67(Vol.2)December1962(9d).thumb.jpg.585fcc0445c4d5d76eaf712a058cf0c5.jpg

5ab6bb75620e5_DoctorTomBrentYoungIntern4(Vol.1)August1963(9d).thumb.jpg.f4fcb3a730f077165ab9487b82358ed8.jpg

5ab6bb78a4477_DoctorTomBrentYoungIntern5(Vol.1)October1963(9d).thumb.jpg.8012052f1a3da64e1485e627d1d34608.jpg

5ab6bb7b48b00_YoungDoctors3(Vol.1)May1963(9d).thumb.jpg.fca496cb0353a0e17604c6dcc2555233.jpg

5ab6bb803ebbd_YoungDoctors6(Vol.1)November1963(9d).thumb.jpg.ab9fb20155707cc40721732bcbb00281.jpg

:fear:

:cloud9:

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but is there a reason why Charlton medical staff always seem to be standing in doorways?

Answers on a postcard please (or I could just ask Quincy. He always knew what was going on, and which corporate bully had been poisoning the water supply etc).

5ab6bb78a4477_DoctorTomBrentYoungIntern5(Vol.1)October1963(9d).thumb.jpg.8012052f1a3da64e1485e627d1d34608.jpg

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

5ab6bb803ebbd_YoungDoctors6(Vol.1)November1963(9d).thumb.jpg.ab9fb20155707cc40721732bcbb00281.jpg

:fear:

That invisible wang cream looks mighty painful.