• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Tom Brent and His Flying Nurses
7 7

796 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2018 at 7:55 PM, Glassman10 said:

Sadly, I've found no evidence of any living members of the Treasure toy club or of the winner of the swimming pool

Not a pence copy of course, too early, but it has a competition on the front:

630321490_mrcomp.thumb.jpg.cc70622b40c81d0f3d23bb0acf9f0e1f.jpg  2034509537_mrcomp2.thumb.jpg.d27b75db29509132a4168522db45677b.jpg

A quick peek inside:

1614339440_mrcomp3.thumb.jpg.8e3ca821a5fd1821efa518426d3007e5.jpg

Canadian residents could play, and those living in the possessions of the US.

hm

My entry would have been 'Barry' of course, for the reason 'that he transcends all living things and has never been seen for more than thirty days without a bag'. A winning entry surely!

I'm sure one of those thousands of prizes would have been mine. I wouldn't have wanted the Buster Crabbe swimming pool though, as I lived in a tree house at the time. 

What are the chances that a living board member actually won something then.....

To celebrate the fact that I worked out how to get apostrophe's on my Dymo label printer ( @Duffman_Comics I haven't made the new labels yet, sorry ) I got this book that had been eluding me for ages:

81848463_KongasRevengeSpecialEdition2Summer1963(9d).thumb.jpg.6ecdf6ee4279ef62c061f83a1eee0ead.jpg

It's a terrifying tale of mystery and low cover inks. Konga is shrunk to the size of a human thumb and fights a funny looking rat with man hands. It's a winner! :)

P.S. It came in a lot with an upgrade for my current copy of Gorgo #10 which is in sub-@Harry Lime condition. Yes. that is technically possible I'm told by CGC who have updated the lower end of their grading scale accordingly:

• NG
  • Harry Grade

Here it is:

2059871843_Gorgo10(Vol.1)December1962(9d).thumb.jpg.0ea024ddca64ee4575200a441d8b3d3e.jpg

The last time I posted a copy of that book it started a fight between Bob and liz. So no flags this time. This is a peaceful thread for peaceful people. And rats with man hands.

Cheeoww :)

18 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

8000.PNG.ebef95f5fcdc74da7492aa7d4ed6c977.PNG

Eight thousand posts! :)

Nobody noticed :p

The watchful eye of the law  sees all. It knows that buying great gobs of Charlton comics is part of an ingenious money laundering operation running at the very highest levels of government.  The secret Stash of pence editions is going to flood the eastern european market and destroy cryptocurrencies. You heard it here first. That's 8001!

Now here's a unique opportunity to expand the horizons of collecting such heavy reading as Gorgo. Try this link and see what is actually available for a small investment.

This item would go nicely on the dashboard of a morris minor or a mini cooper S.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monarch-GORGO-model-kit-King-Brothers-Alternative-Graziano-Box-Art-Model-1-200-/362430001840

37 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

Now here's a unique opportunity to expand the horizons of collecting such heavy reading as Gorgo. Try this link and see what is actually available for a small investment.

This item would go nicely on the dashboard of a morris minor or a mini cooper S.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monarch-GORGO-model-kit-King-Brothers-Alternative-Graziano-Box-Art-Model-1-200-/362430001840

In keeping with the full monstrous power of the mighty Gorgo I would place this on the dash of a Fiat Tipo!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9cb01664106d50aebfbf062054f0dc24.jpg

2 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Gorgo looks like his giving the Venusian lizard an eyelid frenchy and the lizard is liking it...a lot!

It does doesn't it. They're supposed to be terrifying, raging titans and they look like a couple of Wombles playing 'lick my face'. Gissa kiss :bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Pffft 'Harry grade', my books aren't that bad, many of them have covers. :sumo:

Yes, they do. But duvet covers don't count Harry :gossip: 

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

It does doesn't it. They're supposed to be terrifying, raging titans and they look like a couple of Wombles playing 'lick my face'. Gissa kiss :bigsmile:

Yes, they do. But duvet covers don't count Harry :gossip: 

well, I thought the come on text for the "Gorgo" in plastic was excellent work.  I quote verbatim:

"

Kit# 410  G    

Based on the adored and widely acclaimed 1961 British science fiction film, "Gorgo", this all plastic, all assembly scale model kit recaptures the cinematic thrill of "Big Mama" Gorgo in the streets of central London wreaking vengeful havoc on those nasty men who dared to capture and enslave her sweet baby Gorgo. Good triumphs over Evil in this 1961 heart warming classic! "

Heart warming says it all. 

3 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

well, I thought the come on text for the "Gorgo" in plastic was excellent work.  I quote verbatim:

"

Kit# 410  G    

Based on the adored and widely acclaimed 1961 British science fiction film, "Gorgo", this all plastic, all assembly scale model kit recaptures the cinematic thrill of "Big Mama" Gorgo in the streets of central London wreaking vengeful havoc on those nasty men who dared to capture and enslave her sweet baby Gorgo. Good triumphs over Evil in this 1961 heart warming classic! "

Heart warming says it all. 

Ahhhh. Look at his little face as he smashes up the Tower of London! :x

tumblr_mf5hebP4N91rlzgq1o8_400.gif.4bc1201aa0cc08fa3879330ed3a605d3.gif

18 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

Um, actually Gorgo looks like this might be a romantic interlude. How was the picture rated?

By Cynthia Doyle, the Registered Nurse. Marks out of two? I'd give it one.

13 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Gorgo is a sex maniac. Not content with licking giant lizards, he's now dry humping entire buildings! :whatthe:

He came out of the ocean with the horn all right Harry. Raaaaarrrrr! Feel my horn,  Tower of London. 

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

In keeping with the full monstrous power of the mighty Gorgo I would place this on the dash of a Fiat Tipo!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9cb01664106d50aebfbf062054f0dc24.jpg

We're involved with British Leyland and all that  here. Get a grip.  Abington and all that. Get a grip. This was the silver age after all. 

8 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

We're involved with British Leyland and all that  here. Get a grip.  Abington and all that. Get a grip. This was the silver age after all. 

Ok, I've got the two grips. What do I do with them? 

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

8000.PNG.ebef95f5fcdc74da7492aa7d4ed6c977.PNG

Eight thousand posts! :)

Nobody noticed :p

To be fair, I noticed six of them.

Welllll, three.

Welllll, someone told me about one. But it was apparently quite good.