• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Tom Brent and His Flying Nurses
7 7

796 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2019 at 1:50 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheers s.krank!

What a bargain that was! Nice bright looking copy too:

bil.thumb.jpg.94eb3354008bf1235db585388cd7dd86.jpg

Fortunately, I have one too:

1006582848_BridesinLove24(Vol.1)May1961(6d).thumb.jpg.4c2d9fd902ccce8e2c505f964460fe81.jpg

And we'll say nothing about her frantic push to the top, alright? :wink:

The top.  It's really where it all comes out, isn't it.? Meaningless coupons???

I go on with my day, why is that exactly with the tragedy before me?

Edited by Glassman10

16 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

The top.  It's really where it all comes out, isn't it.? Meaningless coupons???

I go on with my day, why is that exactly with the tragedy before me?

Good question. It's about the two o's I think - observing and oblivious. By that I mean that I generally find it better to observe the tragedy from above the ground than be oblivious to it from below it.

Nothing more will I teach you today. 

Konga dropped in this morning. His fourteenth incarnation to be precise (he must be a Time-Gorilla) :)

To be fair, he wasn't looking his best, but he's the only one I've seen since I started the Charlton Choice Chase so needs must:

294742076_Konga14(Vol.1)September1963(9d).thumb.jpg.ad0b41b4086e9695bc0954d78751d35e.jpg

I overpaid, as if often the case. Or did I....?  hm

Yes, I did.

But look, I've got him now, and he's joined his Konga brothers in the Konga Box. So there's no point banging on about it all the time. They're all probably doing it right now actually. The Konga that is. 'Everybody Kon-ga, everybody Kon-ga'. Or was that salsa? The Brothers need his support as it goes, as Reptilicus recently launched a take over bid with a rear guard action, abetted and assisted by Reptisaurus, who he would of course one day become when the full impact of that infamous curry night with Gorgo and The Registered Nurse became apparent to his anus.

And she wouldn't even give him any cream for it. Harsh woman 768688594_RegisteredNurseNNFirstEditionSummer1963_LI.jpg.eb47c166bc1dc10aebdc7cce607751d2.jpg (fear her)

But look, I'm talking nonsense again, and the balds have made their feelings quite clear on that position through their 'indifference total' as Poirot would say if he hadn't been recently character assassinated by Johnny M.

Still no winners of the Bonomo Turkish Taffy Give-Away have come forward I see. I'm starting to think it was all a charade, and there was no intention at all to give away any Turkish (Taffy) Delights. This scandal will break one day, and no amount of post dated Taffy Tat will soothe the angry masses. Remember, you read it here first. 

hm

No ones reading are they.

Bugger.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:42 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Konga dropped in this morning. His fourteenth incarnation to be precise (he must be a Time-Gorilla) :)

To be fair, he wasn't looking his best, but he's the only one I've seen since I started the Charlton Choice Chase so needs must:

294742076_Konga14(Vol.1)September1963(9d).thumb.jpg.ad0b41b4086e9695bc0954d78751d35e.jpg

Yes, I did.

But look, I've got him now, and he's joined his Konga brothers in the Konga Box. So there's no point banging on about it all the time. They're all probably doing it right now actually. The Konga that is. 'Everybody Kon-ga, everybody Kon-ga'. Or was that salsa? The Brothers need his support as it goes, as Reptilicus recently launched a take over bid with a rear guard action, abetted and assisted by Reptisaurus, who he would of course one day become when the full impact of that infamous curry night with Gorgo and The Registered Nurse became apparent to his anus.

And she wouldn't even give him any cream for it. Harsh woman 768688594_RegisteredNurseNNFirstEditionSummer1963_LI.jpg.eb47c166bc1dc10aebdc7cce607751d2.jpg (fear her)

But look, I'm talking nonsense again, and the balds have made their feelings quite clear on that position through their 'indifference total' as Poirot would say if he hadn't been recently character assassinated by Johnny M.

Still no winners of the Bonomo Turkish Taffy Give-Away have come forward I see. I'm starting to think it was all a charade, and there was no intention at all to give away any Turkish (Taffy) Delights. This scandal will break one day, and no amount of post dated Taffy Tat will soothe the angry masses. Remember, you read it here first. 

hm

Bugger.

Yes, I did.

hm

Bugger.

Ahem, you are on a turkish delight watch list at this point.  I have submitted the link to the Bonomo jingle    and if you listen to it carefully, backwards mind you, it clearly lets you know that not only is this contest fraudulent but that if Paul was dead, he's better now.  Meanwhile Konga appears to have suffered genital mutilation at some point and the registered nurse isn't talking.  Draw your curtains at night. 

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

Ahem, you are on a turkish delight watch list at this point.  I have submitted the link to the Bonomo jingle    and if you listen to it carefully, backwards mind you, it clearly lets you know that not only is this contest fraudulent but that if Paul was dead, he's better now.  Meanwhile Konga appears to have suffered genital mutilation at some point and the registered nurse isn't talking.  Draw your curtains at night. 

One more time! :)

Some one wrote that. Some one out there, probably long since departed, wrote that. They probably had hopes and dreams of a glorious career in musical theatre. But it stalled with the Bonomo Turkish Taffy theme. Just another human tragedy, lost in the midst of time.

As for Konga, well his donga was getting longa so the Registered Nurse had to act before he ran out of wonga. It was getting out of hand you see...

His, not hers. 

Image result for i love you gif I LOVE YOU   Image result for i love you gif

(Terms and conditions apply)

<3

91976115_ILoveYou34(Vol.1)May1961(6d).thumb.jpg.217e9927e66a45c4f029633fe02d06c0.jpg

<3 All the tender, sweet, young romance... when the boy of your dreams says..."Coupons worth $3.37 in this issue" <3

1886198154_ILoveYou39(Vol.1)April1962(6d).thumb.jpg.9062ff21e24e80aff6f21ae7da786bbf.jpg

"Now she'll find out what kind of a man she loves...a thief! Daphne, look at this receipt. I followed him from the self checkout and he quite brazenly put two birthday cards through as one item!"

"Oh Dave, is this true?"

"It was a mistake Daphne, a simple mistake"

"Don't listen to him Daphne. Today, a free card, tomorrow, your life savings!"

"That's a bit of a stretch Barry, even for you! You're just jealous that it's me she wants and not you! Look at you with that silly moustache - you're a joke mate, a joke!"

"Oh Dave..."

<3

1243662959_ILoveYou43(Vol.1)December1962(9d).thumb.jpg.66aa37db8fa5b485cced5caf9935dbf4.jpg

A boy....a girl....a moon!

hm

What? A moon? What does that mean? The moon in the night sky? Did they show their arses at the window? What does it mean? Martha's a cow isn't she. He gave her a lovely pearl necklace and she's off at the first sign her careers in jeopardy. I'd take those beads right back if i was sailor boy. What? He never gave her the beads? Well what's this pearl necklace he's been telling everyone he gave......Oh, right. I see. Well, he is an able seaman I suppose.

<3

780431986_ILoveYou46(Vol.1)June1963(9d).thumb.jpg.9a51e65cf84bc648f1bf1bfbbd4f92f9.jpg

"What soup did you make Daphne?"

"Tomato"

"Again?"

"Don't start Dave"

<3

163680043_ILoveYou48(Vol.1)October1963(9d).thumb.jpg.549d4f2b7b5c040d22c950d62e380b9e.jpg

Crippled heart? Looks like the situation is dire, Rhea. Fate has clearly contrived to deny you your carnal urges... Is it any wonder that Willie torments you?

Meanwhile, still no prizes awarded in the Bonono Turkish Taffy Give-Away. 

Image result for i love you gif I LOVE YOU   Image result for i love you gif

<3 I really do. And anyone who says otherwise is a Tuck-in Friar <3

Edited by Get Marwood & I
I fought the Law, and the law caught me in a pincer movement following a rear guard action. The sons of people_without_enough_empathy.

Image result for i love you gif

We would just like to apologise for the technical fault in our last broadcast, which included a picture of two rutting foxes which was supposed to move. The correct moving version is shown above. We hope that this did not spoil our viewers enjoyment of the broadcast.

<3

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Image result for i love you gif

We would just like to apologise for the technical fault in our last broadcast, which included a picture of two rutting foxes which was supposed to move. The correct moving version is shown above. We hope that this did not spoil our viewers enjoyment of the broadcast.

<3

Look, it moves before we post it alright? Get a life and stop complaining. Look at Rhea - she' can't get it on anymore, and you're moaning about gifs that don't work? I think you need to show a little perspective.

Advertisement.

68640712_JustMarried34(Vol.1)December1963(9d).thumb.jpg.307a5dfe5946e9c649a382f321b54b7d.jpg

"Terri...you're TerriFIC!"

("How can you be so crude?")

"Oh, sorry Terri. That's Paddington isn't it. I meant to pull into Charing Cross"

("Well, fair enough. But he damn well better wash his hands before supper...")

Advertisement.

I am wondering at this point when the management at CGC will descend on this thread and censor the lot of it in that it is failing to stick to the true collectors crede:

"What's it worth today?"

"Is it more than yesterday?"

and of course "Should I have it slabbed?"

3 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I am wondering at this point when the management at CGC will descend on this thread and censor the lot of it in that it is failing to stick to the true collectors crede:

Never. They don't know we exist Glassman, along with the rest of planet Earth it would seem.

Now, I'll answer your three questions from the perspective of the aforeposted Konga #14

"What's it worth today?"

Nothing. 

"Is it more than yesterday?"

Yes. Yesterday it was minus ten pence. It's the comic version of celery, where you lose weight by eating it. That made no sense, did it.

and of course "Should I have it slabbed?"

No. Or pressed, cleaned, conserved. Leave the f****** thing alone. 

59 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Never. They don't know we exist Glassman, along with the rest of planet Earth it would seem.

Now, I'll answer your three questions from the perspective of the aforeposted Konga #14

Nothing. 

Yes. Yesterday it was minus ten pence. It's the comic version of celery, where you lose weight by eating it. That made no sense, did it.

No. Or pressed, cleaned, conserved. Leave the f****** thing alone. 

So, it's a form of catabolic comic collecting, or is it anabolic? . That reaffirms the opinions of mothers everywhere in the universe in the 1950's, creating a lower middle class with no common sense and no investment substance. My mom totalled my retirement in the latter fifties when I would buy an orange crush and a green lantern comic. All in the ashpit. She chucked them all!! Worse, it contributed  to global warming. !! The worst part? I never became popular and learned to play the piano. 

2 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

So, it's a form of catabolic comic collecting, or is it anabolic? .

I'm not sure, but there's definitely bolics in there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

That reaffirms the opinions of mothers everywhere in the universe in the 1950's, creating a lower middle class with no common sense and no investment substance. My mom totalled my retirement in the latter fifties when I would buy an orange crush and a green lantern comic. All in the ashpit. She chucked them all!! Worse, it contributed  to global warming. !! The worst part? I never became popular and learned to play the piano. 

I'd take piano playing over popularity any day. Look at Barry Manilow. He stayed at the Copa, Copa Cobana, the whatever he says north of Havana, and still lived to see off the Bermuda Triangle (don't go too near, don't go too near). And people saw it from his angle. Your Mum was just acting on a premonition that a terrible Lantern film would hit in the 21st century and was just doing her bit to disencourage it. 

Remember: Everything is easy. 

44 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm not sure, but there's definitely bolics in there somewhere.

I'd take piano playing over popularity any day. Look at Barry Manilow. He stayed at the Copa, Copa Cobana, the whatever he says north of Havana, and still lived to see off the Bermuda Triangle (don't go too near, don't go too near). And people saw it from his angle. Your Mum was just acting on a premonition that a terrible Lantern film would hit in the 21st century and was just doing her bit to disencourage it. 

Remember: Everything is easy. 

It must have been Ingrid Bergman in Gaslight.  I really try to block out Barry Manilow thank you. The Bee Gees too.  My dad was the doctor and he stopped at a rest stop one time after my Aunt Jane gave the kids all these comic books to read driving from Michigan to California in 1956, no easy trip. He threw all of them out. We loved looking out the window for Burma Shave signs. 

Edited by Glassman10

On 1/13/2019 at 6:20 PM, Glassman10 said:

It must have been Ingrid Bergman in Gaslight.  I really try to block out Barry Manilow thank you. The Bee Gees too.  My dad was the doctor and he stopped at a rest stop one time after my Aunt Jane gave the kids all these comic books to read driving from Michigan to California in 1956, no easy trip. He threw all of them out. We loved looking out the window for Burma Shave signs. 

When I was a little boy we drove to California and I was always on the lookout for the copper tone billboards⁉️⁉️🆒👍🎶🤪

The big boys are mentioning nurse BettyCrane over in the GA romance thread so tases Charltons are starting to catch on as they should

very hard to find in grade👏👏⁉️🆒

Yes, I did.

hm

Bugger.

L O L still no winners in the Turkish Taffy giveaway lol  I always wondered about those contests🤪🤪🤗😜🌨🌨

5 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

L O L still no winners in the Turkish Taffy giveaway lol  I always wondered about those contests🤪🤪🤗😜🌨🌨

The only reported winner of Turkish Taffy (AKA Turkish Delight) was  Edmund in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, but only in the graphic novel version which to date is only rumored to exist as a pence Variant.  It suffered from poor distribution at a catastrophic level It speculates that his sister Lucy won the swimming pool and Peter the trip to Hollywood where the deal was made to produce the epic films. If you perhaps missed this it's understandable.  Susan failed to interest anyone despite pleas from Herman Cohen , causing  Konga's irreconcilable rage. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I had a copy and my mom threw it out . If our speculation is indeed spilling out into other threads, may God help them.  Prove me wrong.