• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Tom Brent and His Flying Nurses
7 7

796 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Where's this bloody Charlton monster I've been summoned to appreciate by @Get Marwood & I?  I have the full set Steve however I got those though Howard Rogosky, however that Monsters 3 is a very rare magazine and commands a high price dollar wise. I know that Dez Skinn sold these through his mail order adverts that featured in Halls of horror and House of Hammer magazines, he sells Monster mag poster mags on Ebay and can be reached there. He's a nice guy and I'm sure he could answer your questions, also there is another Charlton magazine called Werewolves and vampires that was a one shot. 

Cheers Maurice, for all your input. I haven't seen a W&Vs with a pence stamp yet but have captured lots of pictures for the two main titles (you can see the summary sheets in my earlier post). I will drop Dez a line. Have emailed him in the past and he's good on UK comic history. 

I got the Monsters #3 off eBay for £1.59. Bargain! :)

36 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Here is another one you might be interested in Certificate X although this was published in the U.K, great cover and is one of the rarer magazines.

Dz9QnVKX4AErvcL.jpg

Another photo of Bababooey. Where do you keep getting them!? :D

32 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I got the Monsters #3 off eBay for £1.59. Bargain! 

Have you also got issue 4 it's just as rare even though they are reprints inside, I'm still on the look out for 3 and 4 if ever you need to lighten your load (no puns please):bigsmile:. That was a bargain price how did you search for it as I'm sure there were thousands of Monster magazines listed.(thumbsu

29 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Have you also got issue 4 it's just as rare even though they are reprints inside, I'm still on the look out for 3 and 4 if ever you need to lighten your load (no puns please):bigsmile:. That was a bargain price how did you search for it as I'm sure there were thousands of Monster magazines listed.(thumbsu

Accident! PM incoming (thumbsu

1400226092_MadMonsters6Fall1963(RVSeries

Thanks for the work you've done in trying to trace this distributor Steve. The more I think about it, the more I believe that it may have been a company Charlton set up for themselves, knowing the cheap way in which they worked. 

Got to say though, that is a nice stamp, very elaborate.(thumbsu

I have a friend called Mike Scott who has a Blog on Monster magazines and he has done great work sorting these magazines please pay him a visit and tell him tv horror (Maurice) sent you. Here's the link to his Charlton page on the U.K Monsters magazine and the cover to issue 4, enjoy,(thumbsu

http://monstermagazinegalleries.blogspot.com/2009/09/monsters.html

Monsters 4.jpg

34 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I have a friend called Mike Scott who has a Blog on Monster magazines and he has done great work sorting these magazines please pay him a visit and tell him tv horror (Maurice) sent you. Here's the link to his Charlton page on the U.K Monsters magazine and the cover to issue 4, enjoy,(thumbsu

Monsters 4.jpg

Yeah, I know, we mention your name, and we're charged double for cider passing as champagne, and saucy photos being taken of us.....

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

Sooper! Thanks Maurice :)

Did I just see Oakman in here? Must have been a dream. Seasoned Veterans are rarely seen in Penceland. 

Still, maybe he's looking for bugs. There's a rumour there's a big one out there somehwere but I haven't seen it myself. Knowing my luck it's behind me! Ha ha ha...

2055605666_MysteriesofUnexploredWorlds28(Vol.1)January1962(6d).thumb.jpg.27f7468de07e2a45d5b203b3e8c24b8a.jpg

:eek:

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

1400226092_MadMonsters6Fall1963(RVSeries

Thanks for the work you've done in trying to trace this distributor Steve. The more I think about it, the more I believe that it may have been a company Charlton set up for themselves, knowing the cheap way in which they worked. 

Got to say though, that is a nice stamp, very elaborate.(thumbsu

Cheers Bob! If Charlton were involved it probably stands for 'Rules Violation' 

Gotta love the rule breakers... :grin:

Gnasher-The-Dog-Why-Me-Beano-Comic-Character.jpg.87f8c936f8cef74fb947dfc0a6c07bc2.jpg (thumbsu

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Why me indeed...

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Sooper! Thanks Maurice :)

Did I just see Oakman in here? Must have been a dream. Seasoned Veterans are rarely seen in Penceland. 

Still, maybe he's looking for bugs. There's a rumour there's a big one out there somehwere but I haven't seen it myself. Knowing my luck it's behind me! Ha ha ha...

2055605666_MysteriesofUnexploredWorlds28(Vol.1)January1962(6d).thumb.jpg.27f7468de07e2a45d5b203b3e8c24b8a.jpg

:eek:

The author looks like Steve Ditko I know it's BUGGING me to find out.

download.jpg

Edited by tv horror