• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Tom Brent and His Flying Nurses
7 7

796 posts in this topic

and here we have it! The tragedy of the loss of confidence involved in choosing a pajama pattern that clashes with your robe.  Somehow Betsy has to see him pull through!. Is this a three part episode or could it be resolved more quickly? Inquiring minds want to know! 

Edited by Glassman10

8 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

and here we have it! The tragedy of the loss of confidence involved in choosing a pajama pattern that clashes with your robe.  Somehow Betsy has to see him pull through!. Is this a three part episode or could it be resolved more quickly? Inquiring minds want to know! 

No. A three part episode would be three episodes. Certainly on the BBC, which has no adverts. Hence no Bonomo Turkish Taffy Give-Aways. 

Meanwhile, here's a dinosaur licking a kid's face:

1539295942_Hunk1(Vol1)August1961(6d).thumb.jpg.c10593882011b9547f448a59fed81927.jpg

He'll be picking him some flowers next.

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

so are these books holding their value or are they too experiencing some market decline concerns as other so called "wall books" are doing? 

Yes, they are Pete. They are still worth 6d. 

3 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

well, bless the bank of England then, still the envy of the world!

You're a gent Pete. Thanks as ever for playing. 

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Here's a couple of nice Betsy upgrades that I received from that good man @fett (cheers again fett! :))

We did a swap the other month - a few Charlies for a few IW's. I still owe him an IW or two I think, as I got more than him, and I hope to balance the good deed soon :wishluck:

Anyway, here they are. Much cleaner than my previous two!

257155289_NurseBetsyCrane23(Vol.2)July1963(9d).thumb.jpg.74963e1b06732593310326c375f8dec7.jpg  

They are very happy in their new home, surrounded by 427 of their pence priced friends :)

"Brilliant surgeon doctor or man".

Wait, what?

5 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

"Brilliant surgeon doctor or man".

Wait, what?

It could only be better if Orman's first name was Clint...

While I'm genuinely glad I owned all those Marvel books from the 60's and early seventies and sold them for amounts that my mother would still be in the confessional booth about, I kind of wish I'd paid attention to Charlton books. They're dumb enough that it would almost make you proud to collect them. Over here, Jeez, no one else would do it.. I just can't imagine owning something with zero prospects and being proud of it. 

I loved Reptilicus from the moment I saw it. 

9 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I just can't imagine owning something with zero prospects and being proud of it. 

Welcome to my collection Pete :cloud9:

Every body Kon-ga, every body Kon-ga! 

:headbang::headbang:

1340378238_Konga10(Vol.1)January1963(9d).thumb.jpg.ac2e8ddfbd017adbfeb296b561aa2f30.jpg

Every body Kon-ga, Kon-ga, hey, Kon-ga!

(We apologise for the state of the Konga #10 shown. We hope to provide a better condition Konga #10 as soon as possible, and hope that the current tatty copy has not spoilt your enjoyment of it's existence confirmation)

WYATT EARP, FRONT EAR MARSHAL PART DEUX! 

wink.gif.d93b82bd87fabc019d9870957d765e4b.gif

"That's 'Frontier' pal, Frontier"

1304750475_WyattEarp44(Vol.1)October1962(9d).thumb.jpg.d18541c31680e868b3d5929843b02dec.jpg

"Ease off that scatter-gun, Earp. You've nabbed your last outlaw!"

"Oh Barney, come on!"

"What Dave, what?"

"Nabbed? Nabbed! What are you, f:censored: five or something!"

"What's wrong with 'nabbed'?"

"We're supposed to be hardened f:censored: outlaws Barney. Hardened f:censored: outlaws don't go around saying things like f:censored: nabbed!"

"Dagnabbit Dave, you are one queer sort I'm tellin ya"

"Nabbed......"

WYATT EARP, FRONT EAR MARSHAL PART DEUX! 

wink.gif.d93b82bd87fabc019d9870957d765e4b.gif

"I said 'Frontier'. Do you want a smack in the teeth, or what?"

On 11/14/2019 at 4:01 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Here's a couple of nice Betsy upgrades that I received from that good man @fett (cheers again fett! :))

We did a swap the other month - a few Charlies for a few IW's. I still owe him an IW or two I think, as I got more than him, and I hope to balance the good deed soon :wishluck:

Anyway, here they are. Much cleaner than my previous two!

257155289_NurseBetsyCrane23(Vol.2)July1963(9d).thumb.jpg.74963e1b06732593310326c375f8dec7.jpg  885129482_NurseBetsyCrane25(Vol.2)November1963(9d).thumb.jpg.325cc402346f8c4c0325409d8ef4b11b.jpg

They are very happy in their new home, surrounded by 427 of their pence priced friends :)

I have a spade I call Betsy! Yes you could say I DIG it.:bigsmile:

Just now, tv horror said:

I have a spade I call Betsy! Yes you could say I DIG it.:bigsmile:

I give names to inanimate objects too Maurice. My spade is called Doug.