Doctor Tom Brent and his Flying Nurses
10 10

566 posts in this topic

10,766 posts
1 minute ago, Glassman10 said:

I think it would be criminal to slab any of these. This material cries out to be read (while lying on a bed sobbing into a pillow in profusely illustrated detail).

Reptilicus cannot be slabbed!

He will fight to the death before that happens, if necessary, by recruiting Gorga and Konga to fight alongside him. What a trio that would be come to think of it.

The Fearsome Three!  r.PNG.bfd91faa8d5e9de67fcd37e0762c30b3.PNG :headbang: k.PNG.8f2952302d629bbd48d028faf0d20d4a.PNG :headbang: g.PNG.3608659c1594f414b26c241227a9b637.PNG :headbang:

Lead of course, by Registered Nurse. rn.PNG.c51a79838f2090fce442d0bb455a626a.PNG It's the quiet ones you have to watch.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
850 posts

Thanks for taking the time to post these. I know I have quite a few of these pence variants that I've picked up, and I'll let you know if I come across one that  you do not have listed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616 posts

I remember the Japanese movie with Reptilicus who had ( gasp) acid slime that the monster freely slung about to the detriment of all. Are you saying "He can't be slabbed" because he's too weird a size or "He won't be slabbed" since freedom loving Cold bloods wouldn't stand for it?

I take it Charlton never had the time of day for Mothra.  Tragically captured and imprisoned by Mothballs in copious  volumes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
26 minutes ago, fett said:

Thanks for taking the time to post these. I know I have quite a few of these pence variants that I've picked up, and I'll let you know if I come across one that  you do not have listed. 

Excellent, thanks fett! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Outstanding thread.

:tink:

Cheers CC! Glad you like it :)

Lot's more to come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
2 hours ago, 707comics said:

Awesome post, thanks for doing this! Never seen a bunch of these .... would love to read the "monster" books :)

I'll try and post the full contents of my Konga #1 dupe soon. He's a fun fellow, I can tell you k.PNG.483b670b1c8827c957c4e3ccf1da8072.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
Just now, porcupine48 said:

I've looked through...is there no pence of Fantastic Giants?

Well done mate,great,great job.

Registered Nurses? hubba hubba.

 

No, it's dated too lated Jim. Shame, as it's a cracking book and I'd love a pence copy to exist.

Nurses indeed!

But they have to be registered. Like our Bestsy here:

rn.PNG.400bbfca7327f3499b0c3a3cd34e162b.PNG

Would you argue with her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,798 posts
Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

No, it's dated too lated Jim. Shame, as it's a cracking book and I'd love a pence copy to exist.

Nurses indeed!

But they have to be registered. Like our Bestsy here:

rn.PNG.400bbfca7327f3499b0c3a3cd34e162b.PNG

Would you argue with her?

No...well maybe if she called me a naughty boy if I did...my chum Kev showed me a copy of that a few years back.Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

No...well maybe if she called me a naughty boy if I did...my chum Kev showed me a copy of that a few years back.Love it.

Yep. Think I'll do a feature on it at some point. Any excuse to discuss nurses, eh. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
850 posts

found a few fairly quickly that are not on your list, but are within the listed ranges

 

My Little Margie #47, Fightin' Navy 104 and 113

MyLittleMargie047p.jpg

Fightin'Navy104p.jpg

Fightin'Navy113p.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,592 posts

No self respecting kid in the neighborhood have been caught dead with a Charlton back in the childhood collecting days........ but i will admit

that  these days the allure of Charlton romance is pulling me in.............:whatthe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
1 hour ago, fett said:

found a few fairly quickly that are not on your list, but are within the listed ranges

 

My Little Margie #47, Fightin' Navy 104 and 113

Fancharltontastic! Thanks fett! Keep em coming buddy. That's 364 now! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,766 posts
3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

No self respecting kid in the neighborhood have been caught dead with a Charlton back in the childhood collecting days........ but i will admit

that  these days the allure of Charlton romance is pulling me in.............:whatthe:

Submit....

5aae6a403d357_BridesinLove24(Vol.1)May1961(6d).thumb.jpg.b2260abbfe95b94d2884ef82965c4719.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
10 10