Doctor Tom Brent and His Flying Nurses
10 10

695 posts in this topic

12,294 posts

It's getting like Noah's Ark in here :)

Another ED, with a pleasing miscut. Pleasing if you like that kind of thing. Which I do.

1744823235_EmergencyDoctorFirstEditionSummer1963(9d).thumb.jpg.bde4a94af451f0bee18feee87e3d5eca.jpg  1690215876_EmergencyDoctorFirstEditionSummer1963(9d)CopyB.thumb.jpg.eafc7b9903998424cb1b20718671364a.jpg

A bit of a brighter Bonomo Turkish Taffy Give-Away area at the bottom there too.

Still just a big 'C' on the telly though I see. No, not 'IC', I see. But definitely just 'C' on the telly. I wonder when the A-Team's on? Eh? No, not 'A', eh. You got that? Oh, right. No, not 'O', oh. Are you mad? No, you, not 'U'.

Ee bah gum....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,278 posts
On 10/26/2019 at 10:34 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

It's getting like Noah's Ark in here :)

Another ED, with a pleasing miscut. Pleasing if you like that kind of thing. Which I do.

1744823235_EmergencyDoctorFirstEditionSummer1963(9d).thumb.jpg.bde4a94af451f0bee18feee87e3d5eca.jpg  1690215876_EmergencyDoctorFirstEditionSummer1963(9d)CopyB.thumb.jpg.eafc7b9903998424cb1b20718671364a.jpg

A bit of a brighter Bonomo Turkish Taffy Give-Away area at the bottom there too.

Still just a big 'C' on the telly though I see. No, not 'IC', I see. But definitely just 'C' on the telly. I wonder when the A-Team's on? Eh? No, not 'A', eh. You got that? Oh, right. No, not 'O', oh. Are you mad? No, you, not 'U'.

Ee bah gum....

Turkish Taffy, A.K.A. Hamza Jones.

 

Have just noticed that this is post 666 :devil:

Edited by Gnasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts
21 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Have just noticed that this is post 666 :devil:

667.PNG.d7bf3f315c951e053cd2932fa8088921.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,278 posts
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

667.PNG.d7bf3f315c951e053cd2932fa8088921.PNG

Spooky! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts

 

totu.gif.a6474bc95f100c70b2e31d6fe80a2f0c.gif STRANGE SUSPENSE STORIES II totu.gif.a6474bc95f100c70b2e31d6fe80a2f0c.gif

The Thickening

:ohnoez:

1708910397_StrangeSuspenseStories53(Vol.1)May1961(6d).thumb.jpg.0208e71b05fa6148a0d359df4e79d6d7.jpg

Stranded on the North Pole….and then THEY appeared!

“Hey, Dave”

“What?”

“I thought we said we weren’t doing the winged hats anymore?”

“What?”

“We said horns only, remember?”

“What are you talking about!”

“The winged hats Dave. We said they looked silly”

 

1819605090_StrangeSuspenseStories54(Vol.1)July1961(6d).thumb.jpg.8617120950986645c1af94cd7b194abd.jpg

AhahAHAH-CHOO!”

“Oh, Jesus Daphne! It’s all over my cloak!”

“Oh. My. God. I am so sorry about that! Here, let me wipe it off”

 

1865392856_StrangeSuspenseStories55(Vol.1)September1961(6d).thumb.jpg.2f5b7e23097480f0567eaadce8c4026b.jpg

Jesus, I must be putting on weight. Or getting old. So hard to get airborne nowadays.... I feel like there’s a two ton weight on my– hey!”

 

1803364796_StrangeSuspenseStories56(Vol.1)November1961(6d).thumb.jpg.84003ceb3b8ca88e79511eb657a999cf.jpg

“In this bottle…the secret way…TO LIVE AGAIN!”

“Aint taking it”

“Oh come on Eric. One drop of this and–“

“Look, I aint bloody taking it alright. Keeping me locked up all day in this cage? It aint right Professor. It aint right”

 

368702176_StrangeSuspenseStories57(Vol.1)January1962(6d).thumb.jpg.98f6ea601308ec98797c43bc2fe13c5e.jpg

A bit 'cup half empty' aren’t they, Kandor’s visions.

 

1633343970_StrangeSuspenseStories58(Vol.1)April1962(9d).thumb.jpg.bc2b7befcfe8260d58880673e62c9578.jpg

“You are about to hear…THE VOICE OF VENUS!”

“OH NO!”

“Hello…Earthlings! (Now, let me see if I can remember my Earth training. Oh yes. Here we go) Hello Earthlings! Can you.. show me, the way… to the ‘crapper’? Is that right – ‘crapper’? I want…to evacuate...my bowels”

 

232211365_StrangeSuspenseStories61(Vol.1)October1962(9d).thumb.jpg.1882910723e1ee17c1720c87d89421c8.jpg

“Don’t miss the eyes of doom!”

“Are you taking the p:censored:?”

“What?”

“You do know I’m blind, right?”

“Oh. Are you? Right”

 

1717958201_StrangeSuspenseStories62(Vol.1)December1962(9d).thumb.jpg.8693ad244256ec8a4d1c4d7340d0b0ab.jpg

“Oh for f:censored: sake! Look what that thing’s done to the ship! How the f:censored: am I going to get home now!”

“We, Dave, ‘we’. How are we going to get back”

“Oh, f:censored: off Clive. You’re lucky to be here at all, Mister ‘I won a ticket to Taurus II’ in a cereal competition. That’s the worst packet of Weetabix you ever bought isn’t it!”

“Calm down–“

“Calm down. CALM DOWN! I’d like to see you calm down when a fifty foot sock puppet eats your f:censored: rocket mate!”

 

1708092394_StrangeSuspenseStories64(Vol.1)April1963(9d).thumb.jpg.0c61be3fd59b00ba3d76daa531282d67.jpg

“I don’t understand it Mrs Lowe…but your husband is choking to death!

“Oh no! Could it be anything to do with that voodoo doll of him over there with a noose around it’s neck?”

“Don’t be silly Mrs Lo– oh. Hang on. Yes, here we go. There’s a chicken bone lodged in his throat”

“Oh. Thank God!”

 

 

totu.gif.a6474bc95f100c70b2e31d6fe80a2f0c.gif STRANGE SUSPENSE STORIES IItotu.gif.a6474bc95f100c70b2e31d6fe80a2f0c.gif

The Chickening

:eek:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
703 posts

So, the beast from Taurus  II is what's been eating all the Bonomo taffy. I knew it!

Good work! And with your help we all know that Kirby was moonlighting all those years!

Edited by Glassman10
demon spelling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,651 posts
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

1708910397_StrangeSuspenseStories53(Vol.1)May1961(6d).thumb.jpg.0208e71b05fa6148a0d359df4e79d6d7.jpg

What are the coupons worth in Pence though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts
38 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

Good work! And with your help we all know that Kirby was moonlighting all those years!

Yes Pete. He was moonlighting as a bloke who dreamt of massive fire breathing snot dragons. 

29 minutes ago, Foley said:

What are the coupons worth in Pence though?

Good question Ryan. If I look at the exchange rate of the time, factor in real time inflation and make all reasonable provisions for accuracy it comes to just shy of f:censored: all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
703 posts
6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes Pete. He was moonlighting as a bloke who dreamt of massive fire breathing snot dragons. 

Good question Ryan. If I look at the exchange rate of the time, factor in real time inflation and make all reasonable provisions for accuracy it comes to just shy of f:censored: all. 

well, did you ever see his work on "Spirit World"? I still have that.  It's an easy transition to snot, or from it for that matter.  Lab coats might help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts
5 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

well, did you ever see his work on "Spirit World"? I still have that.  It's an easy transition to snot, or from it for that matter.  Lab coats might help. 

s-l1600.jpg.bc31d6fd82790a99e42c27759ff55d1a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
703 posts

Botox too. 

Further: I can't understand it , your husband is choking to death!

 

"Oh No!"

 

Really, see how's he's not breathing right? Hold this mirror under his nose. !

I can see up his nose now!

"Good, is there a spautula in there?"

"No just a bunch of pins. ".

Edited by Glassman10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
928 posts

"Oh no!", must be the single most underwhelming response to a first contact situation I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if the Venusian twirled his fancy cape in disgust and headed off to Mars or Jupiter. You know some place where other intelligent beings would appreciate his rendition of Fly Me to the Moon.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor didn't mutter after the wife's "Oh no!", "What! Is that skinny, fishbowl wearing dandy back on the planet?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts
22 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

"Oh no!", must be the single most underwhelming response to a first contact situation I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if the Venusian twirled his fancy cape in disgust and headed off to Mars or Jupiter. You know some place where other intelligent beings would appreciate his rendition of Fly Me to the Moon.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor didn't mutter after the wife's "Oh no!", "What! Is that skinny, fishbowl wearing dandy back on the planet?"

I think the crowd's collective "Oh no!" was actually less in response to the impending Venusian oration and more to do with the fact that their google eyed visitor had just sh:censored: himself Harry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
928 posts
29 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I think the crowd's collective "Oh no!" was actually less in response to the impending Venusian oration and more to do with the fact that their google eyed visitor had just sh:censored: himself Harry. 

Is that what the announcer meant by "The Voice of Venus" ? Kudos to Charlton for inventing the most alien method of communication ever, it beats Arrival into a cocked hat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts
4 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Is that what the announcer meant by "The Voice of Venus" ? Kudos to Charlton for inventing the most alien method of communication ever, it beats Arrival into a cocked hat!

If you mean the film, yes, yes it does. If you mean the Abba album though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,294 posts

Here's a couple of nice Betsy upgrades that I received from that good man @fett (cheers again fett! :))

We did a swap the other month - a few Charlies for a few IW's. I still owe him an IW or two I think, as I got more than him, and I hope to balance the good deed soon :wishluck:

Anyway, here they are. Much cleaner than my previous two!

257155289_NurseBetsyCrane23(Vol.2)July1963(9d).thumb.jpg.74963e1b06732593310326c375f8dec7.jpg  885129482_NurseBetsyCrane25(Vol.2)November1963(9d).thumb.jpg.325cc402346f8c4c0325409d8ef4b11b.jpg

They are very happy in their new home, surrounded by 427 of their pence priced friends :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
10 10