• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Kirby Collector - Cover Art
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Was really excited about this new acquisition. Not it hand just yet but I couldn't wait to post it!

Cover to the Jack Kirby Collector #41. Large art measuring 13 x 21- the largest image Kirby created of Black Panther. This piece hung at the Kirbys home for many years. Now it will hang in mine :)

Thanks for looking!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1459599

IMG_3191.JPG

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

44 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hi all,

Was really excited about this new acquisition. Not it hand just yet but I couldn't wait to post it!

Cover to the Jack Kirby Collector #41. Large art measuring 13 x 21- the largest image Kirby created of Black Panther. This piece hung at the Kirbys home for many years. Now it will hang in mine :)

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3191.JPG

this is just glorious. Congratulations on picking this one up!

3 hours ago, Drewsky said:

There was an episode of Comic Book Men where the Kirby heirs brought in a Black Panther page by Jack. I can't remember, was this the page? 

Nooo that was actually the original BP concept drawing that they showed. That would be amazing to own!

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING  JACK KIRBY ART!!! 

The biggest congratulations possible, my hat is off to you Sir!

I can look at this for hours. Just Breath taking !

Seeing this has put a huge smile on my face... a legendary era in which superheroes were  ... Super Heroic! And larger than life.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hi all,

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3191.JPG

Edited by MarvelComicsArt

On 3/18/2018 at 6:48 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hi all,

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3191.JPG

The sixties were a tumultuous time. Jack Kirby had the courage to create and promote a Black character that all Marvel fans could admire and root for.He was a leader, a royal I would've fought for as a kid. He was a leader and extremely intelligent. And he looks ultra damn cool. A force of nature. These pencils are brilliant. I studied so many non inked Kirby art works. The JKC was instrumental in that pleasure. There is nothing like owning a piece like this one above. The Black Panther exploded in popularity because he is a character long overdue for recognition. Congrats to the mats on this one. Never sell this one man.

Thanks for the awesome comments everyone!

And I really like the last comments made about Jack. Never meet him but in his videos he does seems really humble and peaceful. And to be creating black super heroes during those turbulent times is just a show of how far ahead he was even in his own time.

Just a great overall human being.

RickyB

On 3/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hi all,

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3191.JPG

So YOU bought this from my buddy in CA. I told him recently to SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!  He wasnt gonna sell but i'm glad he finally did....... congrats. ( I had a hard time asking 12k for that just 2-3 years ago...)  it's quite amazing how just a few years can change the market for certain pieces. it's certainly worth a lot now!) Glad it went to a good home. congrats!

Edited by romitaman

16 hours ago, romitaman said:

So YOU bought this from my buddy in CA. I told him recently to SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!  He wasnt gonna sell but i'm glad he finally did....... congrats. ( I had a hard time asking 12k for that just 2-3 years ago...)  it's quite amazing how just a few years can change the market for certain pieces. it's certainly worth a lot now!) Glad it went to a good home. congrats!

Thanks Mike! Your buddy Mike thought about it long and hard before selling it. I think Black Panther is one Jack Kirby creation that hasn't got its due, until now.

Going forward I can see him up there with Thor, Cap and FF. He also didn't do much BP art which makes this piece a little more special.

There was a BP cover that just auctioned at comiclink for 20k. I heard back in 2009-2010 that cover didn't even hit a reserve price of 9500. Long time ago but I thought it was a weaker cover (it was Kirbys last on the run).

And that sale is what mainly drove me to seal the deal on this beauty.

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

18 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Thanks Mike! Your buddy Mike thought about it long and hard before selling it. I think Black Panther is one Jack Kirby creation that hasn't got its due, until now.

Going forward I can see him up there with Thor, Cap and FF. He also didn't do much BP art which makes this piece a little more special.

There was a BP cover that just auctioned at comiclink for 20k. I heard back in 2009-2010 that cover didn't even hit a reserve price of 9500. Long time ago but I thought it was a weaker cover (it was Kirbys last on the run).

And that sale is what mainly drove me to seal the deal on this beauty.

you did the right thing as this piece is QUITE unique.... and I do think it has more value being UN-INKED!!!!

Congrats!!!!