• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic extenders worth it?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have thinking about buying comic extenders to prevent the aging process of some of my silver age comics. Are they worth buying? I would love to but the BCW extenders but have heard they really aren't good. I looked at the Cole life x-tenders but don't know which ones to buy. I also looked at Gerber and saw none on the website. What should I buy?? Which product from Cole is the best? Also, if my comics have already begun to degrade (I can smell the acidity) is it even worth it? Will the extenders stop it from going any further?

Just now, SoCalNacho said:

I can’t seem to find microcamber paper/extenders that fit standard Bronze era comics.  Any suggestions where I can find them?  Any recommendations besides BCW?

Thanks!

How hard did you look? lol  Micro Chamber Paper  I use it and think it has it's place, so does CGC since they use in in there slabs. I use 3 pieces 1 sinde front cover 1 middle and 1 inside back cover.

I am still mulling over the BCE life-x-tenders plus.  They are very expensive through his site directly ( 70 cents each when you buy a thousand, but over a$ each if you only buy 100.

They are MUCH less expensive if you purchase  from mycomicshop.com  $25  for a pack of 50.  I am going to order some next time I place an order from MCS.

Sure wish somebody had experience with this particular product

2 hours ago, SoCalNacho said:

Where did you purchase yours?

I purchased mine a few years ago from a fellow boardie Invstmntcomcsuply, but I believe he passed away. I plan to place a order from the Ebay link I sent you for some Silver size in the next few weeks as I am in need of more.

I haven't ever used the Life-x-tenders, but I regularly use Mylar sleeves and Acid free boards for most of my raw comics. I like Bill Cole because you know exactly what size you're going to receive. I hope this helps and good luck!