• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying an older Star Trek comic

7 posts in this topic

Need help identifying an older Star Trek comic did find a year 1977 i inherited my dad's comic book collection it wasn't taking care of very well trying to replace the ones that the mice got a hold of but this one is missing quite a few pages including the front cover need help please

1521491901551529200104.jpg

21 minutes ago, Taramccurry1984 said:

Need help identifying an older Star Trek comic did find a year 1977 i inherited my dad's comic book collection it wasn't taking care of very well trying to replace the ones that the mice got a hold of but this one is missing quite a few pages including the front cover need help please

1521491901551529200104.jpg

Hello!

According to online sources, this old Gold Key issue - number 48 - includes a story called "the evil that men do, part 2"

48 Murder on the Enterprise: (w: Arnold Drake & Doug Drexler, a: Alden McWilliams)
 Part 1: The Sweet Smell of Evil / Part 2: The Evil That Men Do

https://www.comics.org/issue/31531/

56021.jpg.1a502739d5f02ee74b4de95f306218cc.jpg

Hope this is it (thumbsu

@Get Marwood & I, I followed your link from the appreciation thread to this. I purchased a few longboxes this weekend full of assorted books and I thought that cover looked familiar. I checked the book and you are correct, the book in question is Star Trek 48. My copy was published by Whitman though, not Gold Key. I'm sure the different publisher makes a difference in the two books somehow, but I haven't started on that fact hunt yet.

20180723_120855.jpg

20180723_120935.jpg

I'm far from expert on the situation, but my understanding is that Whitman logos indicate they were sold in multipacks while Gold Key books were sold individually.

I think they were two divisions of the same company.

32 minutes ago, jas1vans said:

@Get Marwood & I, I followed your link from the appreciation thread to this. I purchased a few longboxes this weekend full of assorted books and I thought that cover looked familiar. I checked the book and you are correct, the book in question is Star Trek 48. My copy was published by Whitman though, not Gold Key. I'm sure the different publisher makes a difference in the two books somehow, but I haven't started on that fact hunt yet.

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm far from expert on the situation, but my understanding is that Whitman logos indicate they were sold in multipacks while Gold Key books were sold individually.

I think they were two divisions of the same company.

Cheers guys! I wonder if @Taramccurry1984 ever dialled back in...