• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee commission prices (WAS Lake Como Comic Art Festival 20-22 April)
4 4

317 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

next month, for the first time, an incredible comic convention will be held in Cernobbio, a tiny tiny town by the Como Lake in Italy. Just artists and some dealers. Not cheap to get in.

http://www.lccaf.com/

Is anyone coming?

No, I am not advertising, as I just purchased my own ticket. It would be nice to meet in person!

Luca

Edited by pestonaccio

18 hours ago, williamhlawson said:

Is this planned as an ongoing annual event?  Or is this a one time thing?  What a trip this would be!

It is supposed to be an annual event, but I don't know if they are going to break even this year... So, who knows!

Anyway I just got an email from Albert Moy, about Jim Lee's commission prices... copy and paste:

" For the first time in over 15 years, Jim Lee will be taking commission requests to be delivered exclusively at the Lake Como Comic Art Festival held April 20-22, 2018 at Villa Erba, Cernobbio , Italy.

This offer is an exclusive for show attendees only and wonâ?Tt be shipped out. There is a limit to six total and one commission per customer.

Penciled and inked by Jim Lee.

11 by 17 inches, full figure one character with limited backgrounds $15,000

11 by 17 inches, bust shot one character with no backgrounds $7,000

9 by 12 inches, full figure $6,000 with limited backgrounds

9 by 12 inches, bust shot no backgrounds $4,000

Blank cover comic, only bust shot with no background $4,000. Jim Lee will supply the blank cover comic.

Jim Lee will ultimately choose which commissions request he wants to fulfill. Once chosen, payment must be paid in full before the show. He may choose to live stream the creation of the commissions at his studio or at the show in Italy.

Payment by Paypal or Credit Card only in US dollars with a 5% service fee.

A link to enter the information for your commission request will be opened on the website. "

This is totally insane. I won't ever pay that amount. If there is someone crazy enough, I would happily pick up and ship for you.

43 minutes ago, pestonaccio said:

Hush cover at last CLink now officially a friggin' steal.

lollollol

I'd much rather have that half splash from the latest Clink than a single figure commission.  Published art seems like a good deal compared to that pricing, but i'm not so sure the list won't fill up either.  There's more than just getting the final product when you get to commission someone like Jim Lee.

6 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I'd much rather have that half splash from the latest Clink than a single figure commission.  Published art seems like a good deal compared to that pricing, but i'm not so sure the list won't fill up either.  There's more than just getting the final product when you get to commission someone like Jim Lee.

The chance to have a master draw something just for you....especially when chances like this are so rare... I agree.  I think the list will fill up.  I also wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a little more value added after the fact like a meet and greet of some sort, which might worth even more (especially if you don't care about money).  Anyone can buy anything, but this is not something normally available even for money, especially to Europeans.

14 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

fear.gif.20f0d89e8cca3bfd84366b9eb252d1da.gif:o  (tsk):roflmao:

Limited.

Full would take a long time.

And make his hand hurt.

Just now, Mr. Machismo said:

Those 24x36” Miller pinups look like a steal compared to this. I’ve been offered two Hush splashes in the last year for 20K...but more importantly, they had FULL backgrounds. 

"Steal" in the context of one requires removal of all four of your limbs in a chipper-shredder and the other only takes three........