• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee commission prices (WAS Lake Como Comic Art Festival 20-22 April)
4 4

317 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Bird said:

I am on Art Adams' list for a 2 character and he quoted me far far less than $15k.

I too am on his list.  for a single figure much much less than 15k.  he also acknowledges it when I see him at a con.  I have little faith that it will ever get done.  

2 hours ago, eewwnuk said:

I too am on his list.  for a single figure much much less than 15k.  he also acknowledges it when I see him at a con.  I have little faith that it will ever get done.  

I hope you didn’t partially or fully prepay for it. That’s a sore point as some people have been burned. There is even a Facebook group on that subject.

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I hope you didn’t partially or fully prepay for it. That’s a sore point as some people have been burned. There is even a Facebook group on that subject.

no payment upfront on this one.  he does have my art board.  or did?  who knows.   either way, with no cash upfront, i'm not stressed on it.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:42 AM, stinkininkin said:

Some of the commission snark on this thread is pretty gross.  You guys are true buzz kills.  To the consigners, congrats and I know it was about the art and the experience, and not just the writing of a check.  This is a great, fun hobby.  How about we all try and remember that. 

1000% THIS. I'll never understand why some people feel the need to all over someone for their artistic preferences. It's nobody's $ but the buyer's. If he's happy with the commissioned piece -- and every single one who posted a Jim Lee commission in this thread sure seemed thrilled -- why throw a wet blanket on it? SMH

While I still think the price was steep, I have to agree with you.  The guys that posted their pieces seem pretty happy with them.  

They are great pieces.  He certainly didn’t “mail it in”.   The figures and the backgrounds are top notch.  

Lee also happens to have a day job as a DC exec.

Imagine if he did commissions for 5k a pop.  The queue would be neverending.  He'd need to refuse commissions arbitrarily (then probably would be called a jerk by the gadflies on here).

Folks should think outside-of-the-box on this.

Edited by exitmusicblue

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

I had original 1996 splash blown up into mini poster and Jim Lee & Scott Williams signed it . It’s going to look great next to remade version!

3FEBF383-9CC5-4ACA-A355-917E57C8EE03.jpeg

626927A4-AD24-483E-8123-9341DEDA29B5.jpeg

Gotta say, man -- not every OA piece gets its own article: https://www.cbr.com/jim-lee-recreates-heroes-reborn-namor-submariner-fantastic-four-image/