• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee commission prices (WAS Lake Como Comic Art Festival 20-22 April)
4 4

317 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Just to beat this dead horse.

Jim Lee bust on HA with 4hrs left currently at $1,800. 

lf.jpg.cba430f44a8412951b4cf0240ecc6606.jpg

This is a nice one.

I'm a fan of the commissions that resemble his early 90s style.  Much of his recent commission output doesn't, to the point that it could pass for an entirely different artist's work; perhaps most noticeable with his X-Men.  Bring back the old Rogue and Psylocke...

Bagley's Venom also has changed (for the worse IMO).

Edited by exitmusicblue

26 minutes ago, eewwnuk said:

how much do splashy Jim Lee Batman or Wolverine pieces sell for? 

This one was really pretty as comm's go and went for $13K right around this time last year-

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jim-lee-batman-painting-original-art-dc-2017-/a/7192-93160.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

So at least a couple of people wanted the art and not just the commission experience.

Published is another ball game.

8 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Actually, quite a number of us are “experts” on the subject, or at the very least well informed. You’re just not one of them. :baiting:

I was giving you guys an out about having to justify your purchasing decisions, because you should buy what you like,- it’s your money- but I will not indulge delusions of value compared to published art. You will lose that argument, badly, and credibility to boot.

I’ve learned a thing or two about art and acquiring tough to find artists . I don’t care about published art. You know why? Most of the pages are hot dog fillers . They suck . Anything worthy or a big splash is fought over by deep pocket buyers  not fans ( at least not many ) . These people are the ones driving prices up . So if you want to talk pages start another thread I can guarantee I won’t be there ok pal!

7 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

Meathead? I fancy myself more of an Archie. How quickly we devolve to name calling. Btw it was 350 not 35 shares.

Oh I know what number I typed ;)

And I only said that negative meatheads need not apply....sounds like the label was self imposed 

All good.  I’m moving on....to my second Jim Lee commission! Woohoo!

On 11/6/2019 at 10:19 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well I got my Jim Lee commission in the mail today and could not be happier... no it was not the experience version a lot of you got... it was off of Albert Moy’s website. I know it is not as detailed as those, but it checked a lot of boxes for me 

Marvel Characters I like  

Splashy Action

full figures

and a story to it - it was Jim recreating the first commission he ever did. 

Would  I have been happier if it was say Wolverine vs The Hulk.. probably but I could comfortably afford it and now own a good example of my favorite artist from when I was growing up. 

9B38ABE4-952A-4B55-9373-603772870347.jpeg

Plus there is a great video of Jim drawing it and talking about his process. Congrats. 

5 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Having a video of the artist creating your piece is such a rare bonus.  I would think it would add to the enjoyment 10 fold.  Congrats!

Scott- it is!! Part of the reason I finally popped on this (I actually think I asked your opinion on another medium)  was the story behind it and now the video is the cherry on top! After watching it there originally was a tiny wolverine in the background and I found the ghost of it now lol. Maybe I can get him to add it back in in the future! 

FB3B6048-B708-47F0-81BF-C431983A6D40.jpeg

On 11/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Scott- it is!! Part of the reason I finally popped on this (I actually think I asked your opinion on another medium)  was the story behind it and now the video is the cherry on top! After watching it there originally was a tiny wolverine in the background and I found the ghost of it now lol. Maybe I can get him to add it back in in the future! 

I saw the Wolverine in the brief part of the video that I watched and I wondered where he went. Did Jim say why he removed him?

Of course, if he was smart, he'd stay out of that battle anyway. :)