• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee forgeries, a general thread
2 2

210 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

Well Now Johnson I guess you owe me some money, don't you? I just logged in today to check on my comics I shipped out, figured I would take a look at your column you started, I see your boy is still pumping out the fakes! I told you, he would be still doing it by December! Now Pay up! LOLLLLLLLLLL

Well now, why don't you paste and copy this imaginary wager we supposedly made. The amount and terms of the wager. Refresh my memory on the particulars of a wager that I agreed to and entered into with you. .

Edited by James J Johnson

19 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

Well Now Johnson I guess you owe me some money, don't you? I just logged in today to check on my comics I shipped out, figured I would take a look at your column you started, I see your boy is still pumping out the fakes! I told you, he would be still doing it by December! Now Pay up! LOLLLLLLLLLL

Still awaiting the info I requested yesterday. The details of this alleged bet you're referring to that I supposedly agreed to? Since we've never PMed, and bets I made with you could only be forum posts, thus a matter of record, it should be easy for you to copy and paste those bet details from the forum right here to remind me. Once you do that, I can pay up.

18 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I reported some of the items on here as this seller is still active. Shame.

He's one of 10s of thousands of forgers milking gullible ebay buyers for all they've got. The comic book forgeries are a very small percentage of the forgeries being sold on ebay, especially movie cast posters, signed musical instruments, sports memorabilia, and a lot of the forgeries have COAs! From authenticators that are not barred from being listed or those taken off eBay's banned authenticators list, for whatever reason God only knows. There's a scandal ongoing now involving PSA and BGS for grading thousands upon thousands of trimmed cards. Be interesting to see how that plays out and what long term effects that has on that hobby.

Believe me, the more you know about autographed material, and I've been an autograph hound for just as long as I have been a comic hobbyist, the more you realize that these Stan Lee and Jack Kirby forgeries are a barely noticeable ripple compared to the rest of the ebay ocean of autograph and collectibles fraud.

I've never hunted autographs specifically. The ones I have have happened into my collection. My Gil Kane signed ASM 97 was a fluke ebay buy over a decade ago. My Daredevil issue (can't even remember which one) signed by Miller is in the margins and came in a lot. Was never advertised and I just assume it is real. The issue is high grade so whether it is or isnt does not bother me as it is in the margins. My ASM 239 signed by John Romita Jr. is on the cover and was also only a couple of bucks. And finally, the only signature I have had done in person was by a friend who took my ASM 97 to the Fan Expo in Toronto a couple years ago now to have Stan sign the cover.

None of these books will ever be (by me anyways). They are all assumed real by me which is all that matters.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, Vietnam67 said:

:bump:  

:taptaptap:  Two days and counting without a reply.

The bet I supposedly entered into with you? The details please? My own words agreeing to a bet and the terms will do. Copy and paste from the forum please.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:05 PM, James J Johnson said:
On 6/6/2019 at 2:37 PM, Vietnam67 said:

Well now, why don't you paste and copy this imaginary wager we supposedly made. The amount and terms of the wager. Refresh my memory on the particulars of a wager that I agreed to and entered into with you. .

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

boards were on life support 

no kidding.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Pretty dead around here w/out me I must say. 2c

It was hell. Many of us absolutely inconsolable and entirely bereft of all hope, no glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Some of us were driven to washing down goof balls with strong spirits to drown our sorrows over your unexplained absence.  We were undone, Sir.  It we never knew what to expect in hell, we are now, frightfully, all the wiser..

18 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

It was hell. Many of us absolutely inconsolable and entirely bereft of all hope, no glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Some of us were driven to washing down goof balls with strong spirits to drown our sorrows over your unexplained absence.  We were undone, Sir.  It we never knew what to expect in hell, we are now, frightfully, all the wiser..

I knew that would happen.  It was my way of saying ok look wut happens when you mistreat the main guy around here.  

1 hour ago, kav said:

I knew that would happen.  It was my way of saying ok look wut happens when you mistreat the main guy around here.  

Who among us did that? Mistreated you, thus causing your absence and the misery we painfully endured due to it. Name this upstart and let him then feel the full fury of our wrath.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Who among us did that? Mistreated you, thus causing your absence and the misery we painfully endured due to it. Name this upstart and let him then feel the full fury of our wrath.

just merely review my pre absence posts and you can see who the offenders are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I will merely review them. Really merely I will! And woe be unto them that besmirched and befouled you!  Bevare!

Theyre toast, now.

6 hours ago, kav said:

just merely review my pre absence posts and you can see who the offenders are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same ol guys i see... some of the members around here make tonfulle-84 seem like a straight shooter !!

i would rather buy a short box full of tonfulle-84 signed comics than deal with some of the members around here (and especially some of them in the water cooler)

Edited by 1950's war comics

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

same ol guys i see... some of the members around here make tonfulle-84 seem like a straight shooter !!

i would rather buy a short box full of tonfulle-84 signed comics than deal with some of the members around here (and especially some of them in the water cooler)

:whatthe:

On 6/8/2019 at 7:14 PM, James J Johnson said:

:taptaptap:  Two days and counting without a reply.

The bet I supposedly entered into with you? The details please? My own words agreeing to a bet and the terms will do. Copy and paste from the forum please.

Lol, Sorry Johnson, Just logged in, Sorry, I'm not on here all the time, just once in awhile to check on comics I order. Anyways, Your right! We never had an official Bet, Just wanted to pull your chain a little, LOL! Have a good week sir!