• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee forgeries, a general thread
2 2

210 posts in this topic

Another scumbag! The worst I've seen. This guy has 900 items for sale, all signed... According to his feedback 175 poor souls have been duped! How on gods green earth has he maintained a 100% record?! He wants shutting down pronto! And a good hiding too if you ask me!

eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

These are all £200 to £500.... Looks like he even set up his own site to somehow 'authenticate' them.

His write up:

Backed & Matted Marvel's 'The Mighty Thor' DVD, signed by the Legend Stan Lee 
Size:16x11

Everything we sell is 100% guaranteed to be authentic.

The item in the photo is the one you will receive, 

We do offer reduced postage for multiple purchases.

International bidders please contact me first for postage costs.. 

We do have other collectables listed please take time to view our other items

Comes with Certificate of Authenticity linked with ONLINECOA.CO.UK.

All items authenticity can be checked with its holographic tamperproof sticker, including identity number.

Ask for recorded deliveries.

1 hour ago, Dan82 said:

We do have other collectables listed please take time to view our other items

Lol “collectables” That’s exactly what they are.   How much do you trust an authenticator with their cute little holographic stickers when they can’t even spell collectibles?

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

Lol “collectables” That’s exactly what they are.   How much do you trust an authenticator with their cute little holographic stickers when they can’t even spell collectibles?

That is the British spelling...

I'm not a autograph expert but those sigs scream fake to me.  Bad.

Edited by kav

He makes Tonfool-84 look like a legitimate Stan Lee!!!

Edited by kav

I was doing some reading on fake movie posters.

The only people on planet earth who believe these posters are authentic originals are the criminals who have been selling them every week on ebay for the past 5 plus years. Most of these dealers for some reason come from Rochester. There is also one in Oklahoma and few in other parts of the U.S. and the rest of the world. They have an endless supply. Since word has spread among knowledgeable dealers and collectors, it has become difficult for them to sell these rolled mint fakes....so what do they do now? They make them appear more authentic by saying they are "theater used". They lightly fold them or put pin holes in the corners. They also have now started linen backing them. They sell these fakes along with thousands of other genuine original real posters from other movies. Their feedback is usually near perfect because those who have been duped HAVE NO IDEA!! They have ripped off thousands of people over the years, these fake posters are everywhere!!

These crooks have even set up an elaborate website with a phony "Professor Powers". Anyone who questions these dealers on the authenticity of their items is told to visit the website where this fictional professor basically says there are no such thing as fakes/bootlegs. The site is a total joke and a complete scam.

check out the 'professor' with his fake beard and smoking a pipe lol 

http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/mymovieposters/aboutme.htm

Another loser! 

eBay

Makes me sick to think there are people out there trying to profit from Stan's death. I have zero sympathy for these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on eBay placing bids on such junk. WTF are they thinking?!

The only signature I'd trust in, is one I got myself or one in a yellow label CGC case. And that is the sad truth of it.