• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4 - GRADE IS IN!
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Just dropped this off at the CGC booth at Oak City Comicon & was wondering everyone's thoughts for the grade. Of course I'll share the outcome.

There is a small tear on the back cover top as shown in the scan. Hoping for at least a 6.5 :wishluck:

ASM #4 FRONT 2018.jpg

ASM #4 FRONT TOP 2018.jpg

ASM #4 FRONT BOTTOM 2018.jpg

ASM #4 BACK 2018.jpg

Edited by Philreal
GRADE IS IN!

2 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I'm going to say 5.5/6.0 due to the bottom of Spidey's left foot. Can't tell what happened there but the color should be solid red. Erasure maybe?

Yes, there is a pen mark starting in the first panel down that appears someone tried to erase......:tonofbricks:

7 hours ago, DR.X said:

I'm going to say 5.5/6.0 due to the bottom of Spidey's left foot. Can't tell what happened there but the color should be solid red. Erasure maybe?

Solid book. I think considering the tear and erasure on a 6.5 to 7.0 quality book should demote it to 5.5.

13 minutes ago, DR.X said:

If you follow that erasure mark, it goes far up in to the next panel so it is quite long from the looks of it.

Yes, the DR. has a good eye. The erasure is going to cost the grade more than the pen line would have. CGC does not like loss of color. Actually, I don't either. I wish Phil luck, but I think it will be a 5.5 .

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, the DR. has a good eye. The erasure is going to cost the grade more than the pen line would have. CGC does not like loss of color. Actually, I don't either. I wish Phil luck, but I think it will be a 5.5 .

it almost goes up to the bottom of spideys foot in the upper panel. the erasing really hurts the grade but back then people tried anything on a comic. hey bob, WTF you been doing?

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

it almost goes up to the bottom of spideys foot in the upper panel. the erasing really hurts the grade but back then people tried anything on a comic. hey bob, WTF you been doing?

I'm generally working on a hangover every other day. Can't do two days in a row ! Maybe we will see you at C2E2  ?  :baiting:

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm generally working on a hangover every other day. Can't do two days in a row ! Maybe we will see you at C2E2  ?  :baiting:

I went to that show the first time, and that was the last time. just did not like it. you buying anything good?

2 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I went to that show the first time, and that was the last time. just did not like it. you buying anything good?

When I can find something. I let the books come to me, I don't chase. You ?

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

When I can find something. I let the books come to me, I don't chase. You ?

just starting to get a bit interested in collecting again. thinking about sending about 8 books in to get slabbed.

On 2018-03-19 at 7:23 PM, DR.X said:

I agree with this. The colour fade is quite significant in that section.

that pen mark is faint but if you look it goes all the way up to the bottom of spideys foot at an angle in the top panel, and you can see the color loss from the eraser. add in the wear/color scuffing  across the bottom edge, the B.C. tear, and the thumb crease on the top edge F.C. I still stand by my 5.5 and maybe a 6.0 on a good day but doubt it.

Edited by DR.X