• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Silver Age Richie Rich lot Auction! Five Books Added to Lot! -- 48 hours of fun!
1 1

65 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've noticed (and participated in) chatter over time about how Richie Rich gets no love, but then again doesn't get offered much around here either. So I thought I would offer my first ever auction in the spirit of fun, aimed at the heart of this thorny board issue.

If I've missed any essential auction rules, someone please gently prod me and I will add/correct ASAP. I want this to be fun for anyone who is at all interested, so therefore opening bid will be low, bid increments will be low, and BIN (with trade option) will be obscene. (thumbsu

:rulez:

Will ship U.S. Or Canada at actual cost.

Payment is Money Ordrr or Check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me on your dime in the same shape.

Don't be listy (tsk)

Auction-Specific rules: Auction opens soon as all books are posted (three total posts of pix, coming ASAP) and closes at 11 pm EST on this coming Thursday, March 22. (To clarify, a 10:59 pm post is good; an 11 pm post is too late to qualify). In the unlikely event of a tie, we will panic, fret, consult a psychic, and think of something. After a nice sandwich.

Opening bid is actual shipping. (Yes, if you are the only bidder, just pay shipping. In U.S., for example, probably a medium priority flat rate box at $13.65) If you are close enough to easily meet in person, and you are the only bidder, the books are theoretically free. That said, I like my Dunkin black with a turbo shot. :baiting:

Bid Increments are $1 (so the second bidder could bid actual shipping plus $1)

BIN is $7,500

Trade Option: Will grudgingly accept AC 1/Tec 27/Blue Beetle (Fox pubs) #43, any grade; resto OK; Blue Beetle MUCH preferred.

Next post will describe the lot; subsequent three posts will be pix, then we're open. More/different additional pix? Just ask! Bid (and krap) away!

Edited by Readcomix
More books!

Lot Description:

A 17-book Silver Age Richie Rich lot, most of which would be described by many as at least VG, with many of the later numbers VG/FN. Glaring exception is #74 (with upper spine split; see additional photo following front cover). The next three posts will group the cover shots, and extra pic of #74. More pix? Just ask.

Lot includes Richie Rich #'s 50, 54, 58, 74, 75, 78, 81, 85, 87, 96, 97, 98, 102, 104, 105, 119 and Little Dot Dot-Land 21 (Richie Rich cover, interior story).

:news: 

Update: Five books are now added to this lot, bringing the stack to 22: Richie Rich #'s 90, 93, 94, 95, 100. See new pix on page 2. All 5 books in VG+ range.

Edited by Readcomix
More books!

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
33 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Where are you shipping from?

The U. S. of A. ... :hi:

East Coast toxic waste depository, or somewhere else?

6 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
12 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

:golfclap:

Canadian Boldness

:golfclap: 

;)

I love Richie !!

You seem like more of a Casper guy to me......,