• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Silver Age Richie Rich lot Auction! Five Books Added to Lot! -- 48 hours of fun!
1 1

65 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:
25 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You seem like more of a Casper guy to me......, 

The two of them together were always good for a bondage cover...

AF74F55A-7456-49C8-98C4-17F733F5AC63.jpeg.0f97a5ccb5e16fbf8dbd84bca818fa34.jpeg

images_zpsf50cfa7a.jpg

We have multiple bidders, tire kickers, and thread krappers! There IS love for Richie Rich! 

We're off to the races, Patriot6 in the lead thus far with a bid of $15, despite hefty shipping to Canada (I'm guessing it's between $25-$40 to ship a 17-book pile up yonder...)

9 hours ago, N e r V said:

The two of them together were always good for a bondage cover...

AF74F55A-7456-49C8-98C4-17F733F5AC63.jpeg.0f97a5ccb5e16fbf8dbd84bca818fa34.jpeg

Ya know, it occurs to me, and I wonder why I've never noticed it before.  Is Casper supposed to be a dead a baby?  At minimum, he's a dead child of some sort, right?

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

We have multiple bidders, tire kickers, and thread krappers! There IS love for Richie Rich! 

We're off to the races, Patriot6 in the lead thus far with a bid of $15, despite hefty shipping to Canada (I'm guessing it's between $25-$40 to ship a 17-book pile up yonder...)

Just tell me if you are east coast or west coast, lol. I'm trying to figure out if  a regional box will be worth my bidding;) 

Or I could just let poor Patriot stay with $40 in shipping to Canada;:tonofbricks:)

23 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

Ya know, it occurs to me, and I wonder why I've never noticed it before.  Is Casper supposed to be a dead a baby?  At minimum, he's a dead child of some sort, right?

A young  boy, definitely not a girl, there is no skirt;)

21 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
45 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

A young  boy, definitely not a girl, there is no skirt;)

And no bow on his head...., 

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Just tell me if you are east coast or west coast, lol. I'm trying to figure out if  a regional box will be worth my bidding;) 

Or I could just let poor Patriot stay with $40 in shipping to Canada;:tonofbricks:)

Apologies; east coast for all you shipping strategizers! 

Update!  :news:

Thread reaction has exceeded all expectations! We have seen five furious and shrewd bidders duking it out thus far, including those who would brave shipping at such distances that I would need to employ a team of Sherpas with dogsleds to deliver the goods! We have seen a thread krap for the ages! We have seen the secret origin of Casper!

In response, with less than 24 hours to go until it is settled, I am now adding FIVE MORE BOOKS to the lot, bringing the total stack up to 22 silver age Richie Rich books! 

Big reveal next....

:news: :news: :news: :news:

I was astounded to find these five books today in an antiques shop; given the fun we have had with this thread (and the way they nicely fill gaps in this very lot) I had to pick them up, enjoy them, and add them to the lot! We now have a total of 22 books for the winner (likely a negligible impact on total shipping). 

Added are Richie Rich #'s 90, 93, 94, 95 and 100! All books are well-presenting VG+ range. See pix:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg