• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Prints, Limited & Open Edition

56 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Trying to find a frame for this but 13x19 is rather difficult to come across but I love this Turner print. 

igUM1Jxh.jpg

I love all Turners prints and 13x19 is BY FAR my favorite print size, at least for prints I plan to put into portfolios. Nothing like looking through a quality 13x19 portfolio full of amazing artwork! His DC work is some of my personal favorites. I really wish Top Cow would get on the ball and release a lot of his Top Cow work as limited edition prints. They did release a few with the recent Witchblade commemorative thing, but they were 11x17 and I am just not a big fan of 11x17 prints as once you include the white border, which is an absolute must in my book (I hate full bleed prints or print with tiny white borders), your left with a pretty small image. Thats what makes 13x19 my favorite size. Its big enough to have a roughly 1" white border without making the artwork to small and its small enough to comfortably view 13x19 portfolio's while kicking back on the couch. That gets a bit rough when you move up to 18x24. 

Here are a couple of images I would love to see Top Cow bring to market. 

aspensara01.jpg.afe18b06107e7430fb8a75a8aaf80e0b.jpg

Small_Size_Witchblade_Ascension_Cover_by_Michael_Turner_and_David_Finch.jpg.aec5f27f86d344405b6fda136e08d452.jpg

witch_blade65.thumb.jpg.6729c50dc589318db91b6587eb9de008.jpg

And I have emailed J Scott Campbell regarding releasing Turners Danger Girl piece at least 10 times now. Its become a yearly thing from me. His last reply was "Your certainly a tenacious collector, lol". I wont give up until he brings it to market. Its one of my favorite pieces by Turner an Campbell should release it just to honor Turner. 

danger_girl81.jpg.231c37c5fcf5bba632017a8e68b03eb7.jpg

As for you having a hard time finding a 13x19 frame, you should rally consider matting it. Not only will it look a million times nicer, it will also be much easer to find frames depending on the size matte board you use. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

15 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Trying to find a frame for this but 13x19 is rather difficult to come across but I love this Turner print. 

igUM1Jxh.jpg

There's just no way a guy that jacked  (Flash) could pull off having a secret identity :) 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, F For Fake said:

Beautiful stuff, especially love Seth (big fan!) and Schomburg, what a great story from a very different time in our hobby.

Me too.  I would have put this up sooner, but I couldn't find it.  Got one other Seth pic I'm looking for too.  I'll share when I find it .

I brought this with me to SDCC in 2009 and showed him.  He looked at it intently for a good 30 seconds.  Probably remembering those days, then

signed it with the current date  :luhv:

I asked him what he thought about signing it on the left hand side with 1985 and on the right with the current 2009 date but he was probably concerned with the honesty of it not really being 1985.  

I was happy to get the 2009  

5ac68d5725272_Mr.XSethOA(2).thumb.JPG.d15848bb4464ba37a6e80fd17dd1e475.JPG

Edited by Senormac

12 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

I love all Turners prints and 13x19 is BY FAR my favorite print size, at least for prints I plan to put into portfolios. Nothing like looking through a quality 13x19 portfolio full of amazing artwork! His DC work is some of my personal favorites. I really wish Top Cow would get on the ball and release a lot of his Top Cow work as limited edition prints. They did release a few with the recent Witchblade commemorative thing, but they were 11x17 and I am just not a big fan of 11x17 prints as once you include the white border, which is an absolute must in my book (I hate full bleed prints or print with tiny white borders), your left with a pretty small image. Thats what makes 13x19 my favorite size. Its big enough to have a roughly 1" white border without making the artwork to small and its small enough to comfortably view 13x19 portfolio's while kicking back on the couch. That gets a bit rough when you move up to 18x24. 

Here are a couple of images I would love to see Top Cow bring to market. 

aspensara01.jpg.afe18b06107e7430fb8a75a8aaf80e0b.jpg

Small_Size_Witchblade_Ascension_Cover_by_Michael_Turner_and_David_Finch.jpg.aec5f27f86d344405b6fda136e08d452.jpg

witch_blade65.thumb.jpg.6729c50dc589318db91b6587eb9de008.jpg

And I have emailed J Scott Campbell regarding releasing Turners Danger Girl piece at least 10 times now. Its become a yearly thing from me. His last reply was "Your certainly a tenacious collector, lol". I wont give up until he brings it to market. Its one of my favorite pieces by Turner an Campbell should release it just to honor Turner. 

danger_girl81.jpg.231c37c5fcf5bba632017a8e68b03eb7.jpg

As for you having a hard time finding a 13x19 frame, you should rally consider matting it. Not only will it look a million times nicer, it will also be much easer to find frames depending on the size matte board you use. 

I could swear I've seen that Michael Turner Danger Girl as a print before. A friend of mine has some Turner stuff. Perhaps I saw it there. I don't know why J Scott Campbell would have any pull in releasing it directly. But there is a Danger Girl Gallery comic coming out soon which will have art from a bunch of artists. This might be the year for another print edition if it didn't come out officially before.

I need to read Witchblade again. I think that might be Michael Turner's best work. I recall borrowing Fathom from that friend and not liking it that much. I have the two Witchblade Tomb Raider comics which were pretty good until the Top Cow Tomb Raider series came out.

Anyone have any Marvel movie prints? I haven't seen a good consistent series of prints for Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, etc.

39 minutes ago, GeneticNinja said:

I could swear I've seen that Michael Turner Danger Girl as a print before. A friend of mine has some Turner stuff. Perhaps I saw it there. I don't know why J Scott Campbell would have any pull in releasing it directly. But there is a Danger Girl Gallery comic coming out soon which will have art from a bunch of artists. This might be the year for another print edition if it didn't come out officially before.

I need to read Witchblade again. I think that might be Michael Turner's best work. I recall borrowing Fathom from that friend and not liking it that much. I have the two Witchblade Tomb Raider comics which were pretty good until the Top Cow Tomb Raider series came out.

Anyone have any Marvel movie prints? I haven't seen a good consistent series of prints for Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, etc.

No, if you saw it as a print than it was a homemade one taken from a picture off the internet. I know with 100% certainty, coming from both Aspen and Campbell, that Turner's Danger Girl image has never been made into a print. And the reason its up to Campbell is because Campbell owns all of the rights to Danger Girl. I asked Frank Mastromauro directly if they could make that print and he said that it was 100% in Campbell's court as he owns the rights and they can't make it into a print without his ok. And based off the emails I have had with Campbell, he pretty much implies the same thing. 

Witchblade is without question Turner's best work. As great of an artist as Turner was, his storytelling skills were really mediocre at best. I still enjoyed reading Fathom, Soulfire, etc, but they were not at the level of Witchblade when he was involved. I am actually around the 99% complete mark for my Witchblade comic collection, my Michael Turner comic collection, and my signed Michael Turner collection. I am hoping to complete all 3 by the end of this year. There are a couple signed Turner comics that are pretty hard to come by, but I am keeping an eye on eBay for them. 

And I don't own any Marvel movie prints, but I have wanted to buy quite a few I have come across as there are quite a few quality screen prints out there for Marvels movies. For one reason or another, I just haven't gotten around to buying any yet and I stress yet as I know its only a matter of time before I stat buying some of those up. I wouldn't mind some quality 13x19 prints for Tony Daniel's Tomb Raider work either. Top Cow is really losing a lot of potential income on the print side as they have the rights to a LOT of amazing work and prints have become FAR more popular the last few years. If I was in charge at Top Cow, I would be releasing a LOT of that work as limited edition prints. Unfortunately, whoever is in charge right now just doesn't seem to agree.

Edited by OrangeCrush

Did you guys catch this Mondo SDCC only news?

498530744_MarvelMondoSDCCPoster.jpg.7219c56cf00f772873f73bb743a1787b.jpg

Today is the end to register interest to try and get the poster here.

https://sdccblog.com/2018/05/comic-con-international-partners-with-mondo-for-san-diego-comic-con-2018-exclusive-print/

It's an ok image. I assume Mondo will have a more limited variant. I wonder since they aren't doing MondoCon this year if they will have a Marvel Gallery event. I would still like to see artists try to make a consistent line of posters for the Marvel movies.

Edited by GeneticNinja

Just got this INCREDIBLE Batman in WWII print from Steve Rude. Don't walk... run and go buy it!

BatmanWWII-print-18x24_e45fb1b3-041c-489

I got the non-high gloss version-

https://www.steverude.com/collections/prints/products/batmanwwiicardstock

But they have a high gloss version on clearance too-

https://www.steverude.com/collections/prints/products/copy-of-batman-world-war-ii-le-18-x-24-poster

Lots of other great prints in Steve's shop too.

I also grabbed this BTAS 24x36 print from HCG on @GeneticNinja's rec further up the thread. I LOVE the image (and the movie, obviously), but FYI, the print quality is MUCH darker and not as vibrant. I kept it after confirming it wasn't an error and they were all like that, but buyer beware!

On 3/22/2018 at 9:49 PM, GeneticNinja said:

Also I have this Batman Mask of the Phantasm. It's still available and I think the best Batman animated series print I've seen. Limited to 325 it would be gone by now if it was from Mondo.

161562beaa490728bc9b9107405b1d29.jpg

I have quite a few comic and fantasy prints. I'll have to take some shots the next time I have some of them out...

Edited by BCarter27

On 12/9/2018 at 12:20 PM, BCarter27 said:

Just got this INCREDIBLE Batman in WWII print from Steve Rude. Don't walk... run and go buy it!

https://www.steverude.com/collections/prints/products/copy-of-batman-world-war-ii-le-18-x-24-poster

I also grabbed this BTAS 24x36 print from HCG on @GeneticNinja's rec further up the thread. I LOVE the image (and the movie, obviously), but FYI, the print quality is MUCH darker and not as vibrant. I kept it after confirming it wasn't an error and they were all like that, but buyer beware!

I have quite a few comic and fantasy prints. I'll have to take some shots the next time I have some of them out...

That Batman Mask of the Phastasm print is a screenprint. So because the printing is different it's not going to be like normal lithographs or giclees. And quality does vary depending on the printer, type of paper, and what the artist intends. I've seen some that aren't as vibrant as the images we see on computer. That Batman is one of the better ones though with metallic elements I believe.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:20 PM, BCarter27 said:

Gotta love The Dude! This is nice. The only print I have of his is this Talia piece, which I still need to get framed.

aqT6nOTS_030218001545lola.JPG

More classic Star Wars trilogy is always a good thing. Seeing as the new series is pretty much dead in the water. At least to me. I just read an idea from Mark Hamill that sounded better than anything we got in the two movies so far. But anyways these go on sale tomorrow. You can spot the reference images but still they are pretty good.

SW-WhiteBG1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1556568842

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/news/original-star-wars-saga-triptych-by-john-guydo-on-sale-info

I'm surprised that no one has anything for Avengers yet.

I think the days of popular prints like that one from Mondo are over. Once that one guy left it seems only once in a while something good will come out from them. And the popular artists make prints for other galleries now which is a good thing for collectors that don't use automated purchase helpers aka bots. But perhaps something special will come out at Mondo Con since they missed last year. So many properties many of these companies still haven't touched.