• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Final
2 2

83 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Very cool! I'll have to check out your collection on Facebook and IG. I'm way behind the curve when it comes to this stuff. Please consider posting your books in the GA forum as well?

I think AJD might have been suggesting you are too authentically geeky to be definitively female. There's a compliment there somewhere if you dig for it. :D

Luckily, being authentically geeky is now in style! If you would have asked me 15 years ago I would have said it would never be true! ??? I'm kind of digging being cool but unfortunately think it may just be a phase in the world and I will be uncool yet again in another 15 years ?? (although, with the price of books being what they are now that everybody & their dog are into books,  I wouldn't mind a slight drop so I can start hoarding what I love AND eating again! ?)

2 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Will this final end early or exactly at the end time?  Want to be here for the reveal.

The Tournament ends when Betty-Bates gets her grades in.  And I happen to be online to notice and post the results.   That has to happen before Saturday night at 10p EST.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

6 hours ago, Point Five said:

Very cool! I'll have to check out your collection on Facebook and IG. I'm way behind the curve when it comes to this stuff. Please consider posting your books in the GA forum as well?

I think AJD might have been suggesting you are too authentically geeky to be definitively female. There's a compliment there somewhere if you dig for it. :D

AJD didn't know one way or the other. There are other boardies with feminine names whe aren't female!

6 hours ago, Betty-Bates said:

?? I am definitely a her- (at least last time I looked down in the shower ?) I may not have much of a board presence ( which can be said for a lot of people since the new board started apparently) but I do have a comic presence ;) Mainly I am on facebook comic groups and IG (Love anna on FB and annaloveishere on IG.) 

While its a little odd that I have to explain my gender (how many of you are REALLY boys?!?! Huuumm?!?! ???) I get that it is part of being a female in the hobby! Im a GA collector mainly but have a decently broad collection of awesomeness. I love everything done by females (specifically (June) Tarpe Mills.) GGA does very little for me (to me it looks like Liefeld art, huge chest & tiny feet -but boys don't complain about that when it comes to GGA!! ???) but enjoy bondage. 

I am looking over the books (again) and am going to take my time on this round, (even though usually the first guess is the way to go) but if anyone wants to quiz me on all things female- I am down! ???

So, I got my spoon kicked by a woman who has a great GA collection? I'm OK with that. :)  As Jon said, come play in the GA forum some time.

And FWIW, my wife loves GA GGA (though she has been known to comment on the implausibilite perkiness in some situations!) but we both hate the modern form of the genre.

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Your 2018 March Madness CGC Grading Tournament Winner is:

Hide contents

betty.jpg.eb6bd66dd6b66df9390ebb757e46e4ee.jpg
5ab6e10d30593_finalspread.thumb.jpg.0ec0d892d745bf517c2e178d056b0d59.jpg

jaw-dropping.gif