• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Final
2 2

83 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Have to say, this round is a real eye-opener about what's allowed in 9.0 these days. Ye cats! I was drastically off the mark on both of them. Shows you what I know.

No offense, but if I received either one of those books as a raw 9.0 I'd be one unhappy camper.

Yup, my play along at home grades for both those two was considerably lower. I can only assume the spots scattered across the cover of the romance comic were not foreign material? And my rule of thumb that "CGC hammers stains" takes a beating on the Conan.

3 minutes ago, AJD said:

Yup, my play along at home grades for both those two was considerably lower. I can only assume the spots scattered across the cover of the romance comic were not foreign material? And my rule of thumb that "CGC hammers stains" takes a beating on the Conan.

maybe they considered it 'foxing'?

Hey, congrats Betty-Bates for amazing back to back wins.  Amazing consistency, you can grade mama. 

Congrats to Point five for reaching the final and being the player to beat. 

Thanks to Shin and Blowupthemoon for running this contest.  These events take a lot of work but are so important in bringing this place together.

We'll start picking prizes early tomorrow.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Two years in a row!  She is so good I’m changing her name from Betty to Master!

:golfclap:????

8 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

CONGRATS to you Betty-Bates.  Unvelievably awesome job!  Send me your paypal addy and I'll get you the CASH.  Tom

Will do! ♡♡