• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...Comic Book Pedigrees & Status of Book to Be Published (?)
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I have quite a few Suscha News pedigree books in my smallish collection along with some Don Rosa Collection books, but recently I picked up a Conan #12 from Western Penn Pedigree.  I did a bit of searching and really didn't find anything about this pedigree except a link to this very interesting site that doesn't appear to have been updated in a while:  http://comicpedigrees.com/

Which then led me to this thread which hasn't been updated since 2016:  

So my questions are 1.  What is the status of the book?  2.  What is the Western Penn pedigree most known for?

As always, my thanks,

Paul~

Unfortunately, the fantastic old thread on the Boards titled 'Post your newest pedigrees', which contained a ton of historically important information about not only the Western PA but many other great original owner collections of our hobby, is no longer accessible by search.

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

Unfortunately, the fantastic old thread on the Boards titled 'Post your newest pedigrees', which contained a ton of historically important information about not only the Western PA but many other great original owner collections of our hobby, is no longer accessible by search.

:whatthe:WTF I think its in my saved threads that were migrated but I'm scared to look. :fear:

29 minutes ago, jbud73 said:
1 hour ago, namisgr said:

:whatthe:WTF I think its in my saved threads that were migrated but I'm scared to look. :fear:

Old threads that have been inactive for too long (in other words, the vast majority of the boards) can't be found using the board's search function. But they are still there.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/118716-post-your-newest-pedigrees/

23 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Old threads that have been inactive for too long (in other words, the vast majority of the boards) can't be found using the board's search function. But they are still there.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/118716-post-your-newest-pedigrees/

That's not Sfilosa's original thread, but a Golden Age-specific one started years later.  Thanks to your heads-up, I found the old one in Comics General using Google, and gave it a bump.  It's got a bucketload of information on the Western PA pedigree, but unfortunately most of the image links short of the last couple of years of posts are now dead.

Edited by namisgr

Are Ghost Town's books still up there? Its hard to look at them and not burn all my comics LOL.

I've got a few new ones that I will post.  Hard to believe that was a 2004 Thread.  It should be pinned but hey that's me, provenance and the history of some of the greatest collections purchased off the stands being an important topic in Comics General :makepoint:

48 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

Are Ghost Town's books still up there? Its hard to look at them and not burn all my comics LOL.

I've got a few new ones that I will post.  Hard to believe that was a 2004 Thread.  It should be pinned but hey that's me, provenance and the history of some of the greatest collections purchased off the stands being an important topic in Comics General :makepoint:

Thankfully, you can still peruse Barton's phenomenal picture frame Marvels in the CGC Registry.