• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What colour label would this comic receive?

5 posts in this topic

Posted: March 12, 2018 11:40:26 am

Hi have recently bought this comic and will be sending it in to get graded but just wanted to see what label CGC will give it. Below is all about the comic but it’s the bottom paragraph that got me thinking it won’t come back a blue label. Thanks for taking the time to read my post I look forward to hearing back from anyone 

Publisher* - Image

Series Title* - WALKING DEAD

Issue(s)* #1 variant

Cover Date* 2004

This Museum Edition version of The Walking Dead #1 was made shortly after the original comic came out as part of a promotion for the Fear Fest Horror Con around mid-Ohio in 2004. However, due to slow vendor sales the con was cancelled. After that, the comic books were kept in storage for about a decade before resurfacing again. The intent was to give the comics to the top tier ticket buyers in their ticket package. There were gold stickers made that were going to be applied on the back cover above the numbering that showed the Fear Fest Horror Con name along with the promotion company's name on it; however, since the con was cancelled, the stickers were never affixed and are now long gone.

This comic has a prestige cover printed by Quebecor and is limited to 100 copies; most of which still have not been released into circulation making it one of the most rare walking dead books in existence. The inside is black and white and printed on a high quality paper. Each comic is hand-numbered

I'm confused... that is a background of the issue itself, not a book you have, and there are no pictures. What's the issue with the book you have in your possession (or are going to buy?)  It says in the first paragraph that stickers _were_ going to be affixed to the book, but never were. What's your concern? 

4 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

I'm confused...  What's your concern? 

I had the same reaction. I'm not sure what his concern is ? Maybe the hand numbered thing but that should be okay for a blue label. Writing on the book may cost you a tick in the grade but will not affect the label.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, Mayor006 said:

Pretty sure hand numbering will get you a green label. Thank goodness the stickers didn't get attached.  

Or a blue label with a grade deduction for the hand numbering.  Submitters choice of label type.