• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] --TTA 90 NM 9.2-9.4 (R)
1 1

22 posts in this topic

PayPal, check or MO. Free ship in USA.

7-Day return - buyer pays return shipping.

:takeit: trumps PM.

Nice mint state file copy but top edge trimmed by the infamous Mr D.D. in early 1990’s. So asking about 1/3 of market value. $85. $60

675F540D-3EA7-4EB7-9AC8-A1AC833B73EE.jpeg

3B0086FF-5B8B-426A-90CA-DCEED0ECF9CC.jpeg

3C7CD4B2-3212-4839-8CCA-C27FEC273B7B.jpeg

Edited by Microbia
Closed

Danny Dupchek (sp?). He owned Fantasia I think in NYC. He ran ads in CBG in the late 80s and early 90s selling NM books but not revealing that they were trimmed.  Many people got taken, as they didn’t realize they were bamboozled till later on. Then he disappeared. 

Edited by Microbia

1 hour ago, Microbia said:

Yeah my biggest rip off was getting a JLA 1 in “NM” from him for $1200 only to find out about a year later that all three edges were completely trimmed. 

You couldn't tell?

1 minute ago, Microbia said:

It looked so perfect from the front I didn’t look at the edges “en face”. One thing’s certain, I became helluva better grader since then!

hm

41 minutes ago, misterrmystery said:

Good to see you on the boards Shay. Fantasia was in Hartsdale, NY. I bought a NM GL #1 from him in the late 80's.  I found it loaded with color touch. Luckily I had put it on a card so got my money back. D.D. was obnoxious about it and bragged he'd sell it to someone else. A lot of people weren't so lucky.

It's shame.

31 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I think he used to post here as Hammer or Hammerhead?

He used to post here as Hammer and also had other IDs over the years. Has he not been on here recently? I'm behind on board happenings.

20 minutes ago, gaz973 said:

He used to post here as Hammer and also had other IDs over the years. Has he not been on here recently? I'm behind on board happenings.

My memory is not so great these days,but I think he's been here somewhat recently?

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

My memory is not so great these days,but I think he's been here somewhat recently?

Ah OK, wondered if he'd got bored with showing up here or not. At least, identifying his shill accounts was entertaining.